GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA: Libery City Stories."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories'.
Sun 07/08/05 at 13:43
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Not long until this is released now, and as I'm a huge GTA fan I can't wait for it. It'll be good to get back to Liberty City, as it had a great level design, and it's the perfect size for a portable games machine.

It'll be interesting to follow Tony Ciprianni through the beginning of his criminal career, especially with all the great features that were in San Andreas; proper aiming, character customisation, bikes etc etc.

Well I'm gonna pre-order my PSP next week so I'll hopefully get one on it's September 1st release date, and hopefully GTA should see it's September release date too, and not be held back for any length of time.

So, anyone else looking forward to this?
Tue 16/08/05 at 12:10
"possibly impossible"
Bullett wrote:
> > Hot shots will be called Everbody's Golf

Ah, had a suspicion that this might be the same game, I stand corrected.

and Ape Academy/Escape are
> the same game as far as I know.

Nope, Ape Escape is a remix of the original Playstation game and Ape Academy is a warioware style thing.

> Neither are an essential buy though.
I quite fancied Everybody's golf, at least till Tiger Woods 2006 comes out...
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:45
Regular
pb wrote:
> Ape Escape and Hot Shots won't be around in the UK - you'd need to
> import them.
>
> We get Ape Academy instead, though I'd rather have Ape Escape
> anyday...

Hot shots will be called Everbody's Golf and Ape Academy/Escape are the same game as far as I know.

Neither are an essential buy though.
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:10
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I resent that :'(
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:04
Regular
YO MOMMA
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:04
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Matt's an Ape.
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:02
Regular
I think Hot Shots is being released as Everybodys Golf over here, and as for Ape Escape... seems a bit crap to me, running round catching monkeys with a net?
Tue 16/08/05 at 10:56
"possibly impossible"
Ape Escape and Hot Shots won't be around in the UK - you'd need to import them.

We get Ape Academy instead, though I'd rather have Ape Escape anyday...
Tue 16/08/05 at 08:43
Regular
I have the following games, and have given a quick summary of them:

Metal Gear Acid - Rubbish. I tried so hard to enjoy it, what with it being Metal Gear and all, but it just sucks so hard. A marmite game if you will - you'll either love it or hate it.

Dynasty Warriors - Ok, faithful to the series, but just like the originals, it gets repetitive very quickly.

Ridge Racer - Very good Launch game, superb visuals, audio and gameplay. This is an essential.

Twisted Metal - Not very good really. The only reason I have kept this is for the online play - which is a bit pants after a while.

Wipeout Pure - Abso-funning-lutely splendiforous. This is the next essential. Already 3 downloadable bonus packs for it too!

Untold Legends - So-so RPG-er. Very easy, but has a fair bit of life to it. 4 Different characters to run through too. The sequel will own though. Get it if you fancy some RPG-lite action.

Hot Shots Golf - Lovely game, pick it up if you like this sort of thing, or even if you're interested in sampling the genre. Lots to do and unlock with enough challenge to keep you going for some time.

Lumines - for teh win, really. This game is so addictive, you'll be losing hours left, right and center. I honestly think it's more addictive and fun than Tetris and replaces it as my all time Puzzler of choice.

Midnight Club 3 - Not very good really. Average graphics, ball-crushing loading times and not enough to keep me going back to it. Only played it a couple of times.

Coded Arms - Not a bad effort for a PSP FPS. Controls take a bit of getting used to, seeing as the only analogue control you have is with the 'disc'. Randomly generated levels appears to add endless variety to your missions, but in reality, it's not all that. the layout may be different, but the textures are always the same, so it all looks familiar anyway - and there's a map and guidemarkers to help you too. Kind of defeats the object then.

Ape Escape (my Sister's game really, but I've been playing through it for the past fortnight) - Nice-ish platformer with some unlockable multiplayer games thrown in. It's ok, but the loading times are questionable, especially when you boot the game up, it takes forever to get to the menu! It's the first Ape Escape I've played, but I think it's a remake of the first ever one. I may be wrong though.

Dead To Rights - This is actually quite decent once you get over the stupid camera. Been progressing through this since I picked it up in the States on Saturday. If you don't mind battling with a camera now and again, grab it - it never gets in the way of your gunfights though, since you have lock-on aiming to switch the camera round.

Hopefully that wasn't too drawn out - I've been updating it in the middle of doing work. Should give you some idea of what is hot and what isn't though.
Sat 13/08/05 at 18:38
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Decided to put in a pre-order for a PSP today. Unfortunatley I was too late for the first shipment, but I was told I would be able to get one for the second week in September, or I would be first in queue if someone cancels their order. But so long as I have one for GTA, I'll be happy.
Fri 12/08/05 at 11:26
"possibly impossible"
My plan?

Play Ridge Racers and Tony Hawks to death until GTA arrives (and try to get Burnout in the meantime) and then I'll be really used to the controls by the time I get it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.