GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Discoworld Novels are for natty waistcoat wearers?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/03/03 at 16:51
Regular
What is the appeal that Pratchett holds, heh? He has the sort of humour that only people, who drink real ales and wear "comedy" waistcoats to demonstrate that they are indeed a character (John Virgo you should be ashamed, and also shot), find amusing. I've read several of his books (Colour of magic was one if i remember rightly) because I had to find out what the fuss was about, so no one can accuse me of not giving them a go, and they were as lame as a paralysed snake.

Oook not funny, luggage not funny, Rincewind not funny, Pratchett not funny.

And he has a beard.
Thu 13/03/03 at 16:51
"Darth Vader 3442321"
What is the appeal that Pratchett holds, heh? He has the sort of humour that only people, who drink real ales and wear "comedy" waistcoats to demonstrate that they are indeed a character (John Virgo you should be ashamed, and also shot), find amusing. I've read several of his books (Colour of magic was one if i remember rightly) because I had to find out what the fuss was about, so no one can accuse me of not giving them a go, and they were as lame as a paralysed snake.

Oook not funny, luggage not funny, Rincewind not funny, Pratchett not funny.

And he has a beard.
Thu 13/03/03 at 16:56
"Darth Vader 3442321"
DISCOWORLD! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA, I boobed up. Would be a better series of books though.
Thu 13/03/03 at 18:37
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Have you read any of the ones featuring the City Watch ...

Guards! Guards!
Feet Of Clay
Jingo
The Fifth Elephant

... ?
Thu 13/03/03 at 18:39
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Oh, and I don't don't drink real ale or wear waistcoats of any description.
Thu 13/03/03 at 19:15
"Darkness, always"
I read 10 pages of a Pratchett novel once.

That was enough.
Thu 13/03/03 at 19:16
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
ppppp

uh nneds reding
Thu 13/03/03 at 19:22
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Do any of you actually like fantasy novels? If you were simply looking for comedy then read a book by a comedian or something.

Terry Pratchett's books are primarily fantasy with a comic twist. He has sold over 17 million books, and his work has been translated into 27 languages

And if you don't like it - read something else!
Thu 13/03/03 at 19:26
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I read 10 pages of a Pratchett novel once.
>
> That was enough.

So you read 10 whole pages? And you're basing you opinion of a series of over 25 books on those 10?
Thu 13/03/03 at 19:27
Regular
"Twenty quid."
NOTORIOUS JCP wrote:
> ppppp
>
> uh nneds reding

In English that means what, exactly?
Thu 13/03/03 at 19:37
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
it means your a sad fool that like reading crappy terry prachett

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.