GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which came first..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/03/03 at 12:57
Regular
Which came first the chicken or the egg
Wed 12/03/03 at 12:57
Regular
"I kill 4 money"
Which came first the chicken or the egg
Wed 12/03/03 at 12:58
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
the chicken
Wed 12/03/03 at 12:59
Regular
"I kill 4 money"
are you sure
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:00
"Darkness, always"
the egg.

Why? Because if you believe evolution theory, then creatures were giving birth to eggs hundreds of millions of years before chickens walked the earth. Therefore, as evolution progresses, dinosaurs come and go, leaving birds behind, birds that lay eggs. One of these birds eventually evolves into the chicken, but the first chicken ever to exist is born from.... an egg.

Simple, I don't see why this question raises so many philosophical questions when the answer is so pointedly obvious a 5 year old should be able to give a succinct and intellectually informed answer.
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:00
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Actually the chicken eveolved through a slow process of evolution so it really depends where you draw the line between when a chicken was a chicken, and when it wasn't.

So in that way, I guess the egg must have come first after all.
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:05
Regular
"I ush!"
Definitely the egg, because the first chicken came out of an egg layed by something that was almost a chicken but not quite. Like, it has a beak, and feathers, but no special mix of herbs and spices.

Unless you say which came first, the chicken or the chicken's egg, it which case it is obviously the chicken, because there has to be a chicken to have a chicken's egg, unless the egg the chicken was "born" in is deemed property of the occupant and not the layer.
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:07
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
If you don't believe in evolution though then from a creationists viewpoint, the chicken came first.

but I do, so thats a mute point
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:08
"Darkness, always"
you never know.

"God" might have just created an egg that a chicken came out of...
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:08
"...Unicef pennies.."
If it's a chicken egg, then the chicke came first. Esle it wouldn't be a "chickens egg".

If it's just any old egg, then the egg came first by millions of years. As IB said.
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:09
Regular
"I ush!"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> you never know.
>
> "God" might have just created an egg that a chicken came out
> of...

would that have been the chickens egg or gods egg?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.