GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smackdown Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/10/06 at 21:10
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Chat about Smackdown
Thu 16/11/06 at 12:18
Regular
"..."
Alfonse wrote:
> Why do you guys love Punk so much?

Because he can W R E S T L E.
Wed 15/11/06 at 22:37
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Alfonse wrote:
>
> Hahah lame pepsi tattoo. :D

That says it all really. Don't worry VM, marks destroy my brain aswell.
Wed 15/11/06 at 20:03
Regular
marks?
Wed 15/11/06 at 19:53
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Alfonse wrote:
>
> Hahah lame pepsi tattoo. :D

marks make my brain hurt.
Wed 15/11/06 at 19:25
Regular
Why do you guys love Punk so much?

Hahah lame pepsi tattoo. :D
Wed 15/11/06 at 13:05
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Cong Man wrote:
> Lashley has been moved to ECW...
Yeah, I decided to read ECW spoilers and realised that. All the more reason not to watch December to Dismember, but Punk keeps beckoning me....
Wed 15/11/06 at 12:44
Regular
"..."
Shooby wrote:
> There was actually a botched frog splash spot in his match...

Chavo's frog-splash ALWAYS looks botched :-)

> -Notable absentees were Lashley...

Lashley has been moved to ECW...
Tue 14/11/06 at 17:52
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
But...my tickets are no longer valid? But yeah, I'll gladly meet you if my bro supplies me with free tickets the next time WWE rolls into town.(you wont have to kill me though, i'll hand them over for free, always happy to please the kiddies)
Tue 14/11/06 at 16:59
Regular
Ungrateful, sigh. I would kill for any form of WWE tickets. So Shooby fancy a meet up?
Tue 14/11/06 at 16:45
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Hello people, attended "The Survivor Series Tour" in Dublin's lush(pah) point theatre last night. I want to make it clear that I was given free tickets by my brother, and that is the only reason i attended(honest!!).
Anyway, while English fans were treated to a Raw live event, us Irish had to settle for a Smackdown house show. What really struck me is how light the guys worked. There was very little wrestling on show, with most of the "action" consisting of kicks and punches. Obviously this makes sense since the thrill of seeing the superstars live satisfied the majority of the fans in attendance, and they had TV tapings the next day. Needless to say, if this show was put on in the US, fans would walk out.
I'm not even going to run down the card, because it was largely forgettable.
Highlights included:
-Chavo got on the mic and paid tribute to Eddie, since it was the year anniversary of his death: "On behalf of Eddie, he loved all of you and thank you for everything you have done.....on behalf of me...you all suck!" Heh, nice swerve Chavo.
There was actually a botched frog splash spot in his match with Matt Hardy, where Hardy rolled out of the way but still got a knee to the face, wouldn't be suprised if he sports a black eye on Smackdown! as a result.

-Regal took on Finlay in what should have been a great match, but, as with most of the matches, little wrestling took place. interestingly, Finlay was booked to take on Batista, but they must have changed that when they realised Finlay was (northern) Irish and therefore more over than Batista(maybe).

-Notable absentees were Lashley, MVP, Ashley and Boogeyman. Not that I was bothered. Perhaps one or all of them got injured?

-The Main event was a six man tag pitting Undertaker/Kane/Batista against King Bookah/Mr. Kennedy....and JBL(coming out of retirement for one night? I dunno?)
Booker's entrance lasted around fifteen minutes, which was simultaneously tedious and hilarious. Then came the most entertaining segment of the night, with Kennedy coming out and doing his routine. As Chimmel introduced JBL, Kennedy grabbed the mic and introduced him as "John Bradshaw Layfield.......Layfield"
This guy has Rock-rivalling mic skills. Then JBL gets on the mic and cuts an hilarious promo against us Irish, which consisted of all three members of the "Booker Alliance"(they referred to themselves as that) falling on the ground laughing at Irish people. Called us "England's B***h" among other things. The nationalism of the Irish showed as pens and all sort of rubbish started to hit the ring. JBL commented: "Is that the best you can do, throw a pen at me? you guys are pathetic" which prompted about ten or fifteen bottles to be thrown into the ring. Nick Patrick was visably angered by this, pointing and threatening fans that were throwing projectiles. Thought he would have been used to this from his WCW days, no? Shortly afterwards a bottle hit him on the back of his head and he pretended to ignore it, but judging by him holding his head for the entire Undertaker entrance(he thought it was too dark for me to see) it must have hurt quite a bit.
Bottomline, the trio were easily the most entertaining of the night, with Booker's bizarre in ring style against Batista making everyone in the ring laugh(except 'taker, who'll never break character)
Whatever you say about JBL, his promo skills and facial expressions are something that is severely lacking in a lot of talent these days.
At the end of the show, Batista floored JBL with the mic and remarked "You just got knocked the f**k out" which was a little extreme since 70% of the fans in attendance were younger than 14.
Ah well. And he botched his only offensive move, the Batista bomb. What a waste of space.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.