GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA Should-Haves"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/08/05 at 19:42
Regular
I've been waiting for ages for GBA games to start coming down in price. Maybe one of these days it'll happen, now that DS has been released into the wild.

What should I be looking for? (I hardly have any so far)

I'm thinking:

Sword of Mana
FF 1+2
Zeldas
Maybe Golden Sun

Anything else?
Wed 17/08/05 at 21:55
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Yoshi's Island!
Wed 17/08/05 at 20:33
Regular
super bust a move, astro boy.
Wed 17/08/05 at 20:19
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Everything Gimo said, plus Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (the latter isn't out in the UK until later this year, so import it... it kicks ass). Just to reiterate a point, Advance Wars 1 + 2 kick ass. Fire Emblem is like an RPG version of Advance Wars- they're both made by Intelligent Systems.

Mario Golf Advance is definitely worth a look, it is different to the GC version as it has an RPG-style core.

Golden Sun 1 + 2 are the best "true" RPG's for the system.

Those there will keep you busy for ages.
Wed 17/08/05 at 19:50
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Dead Spiders wrote:
> I've been waiting for ages for GBA games to start coming down in
> price. Maybe one of these days it'll happen, now that DS has been
> released into the wild.
>
> What should I be looking for? (I hardly have any so far)
>
> I'm thinking:
>
> Sword of Mana
> FF 1+2
> Zeldas
> Maybe Golden Sun
>
> Anything else?

Hell yeah, there's loads more.

Sadly, I didn't enjoy Sword Of Mana and FF 1+2 - far too dated, and if you consider yourself to be an RPG fanatic, then the combat mechanics and plot will be far too simple.

Minish Cap and Link To The Past - both amazing, Minish Cap is more fresh though, with better level design, personally. Golden Sun is amazing, so definitely :)

Recommendations from moi -
All the Mario Advances
Metroid Fusion/Zero Mission
All Sonic Advances
Advance Wars 1 and 2
Wario Land 4 (honestly, this one rocks)
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Fire Red/Leaf Green (yup, still amazing)
Mario Kart
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
WarioWare series

I know there's loads more, but I've forgotten :S
Wed 17/08/05 at 19:44
Regular
Get Minish Cap, definatly get Golden Sun 1/2 (my fav games on gba) and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.
Wed 17/08/05 at 19:42
Regular
I've been waiting for ages for GBA games to start coming down in price. Maybe one of these days it'll happen, now that DS has been released into the wild.

What should I be looking for? (I hardly have any so far)

I'm thinking:

Sword of Mana
FF 1+2
Zeldas
Maybe Golden Sun

Anything else?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.