GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA Should-Haves"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/08/05 at 19:42
Regular
I've been waiting for ages for GBA games to start coming down in price. Maybe one of these days it'll happen, now that DS has been released into the wild.

What should I be looking for? (I hardly have any so far)

I'm thinking:

Sword of Mana
FF 1+2
Zeldas
Maybe Golden Sun

Anything else?
Mon 22/08/05 at 14:57
Regular
Mario and Luigi is superb... if you're after some quick handheld games (as in pick up and play games) I recommend strongly Mario Vs. Donkey Kong and Wario Ware (Twisted is out in a month or so).

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga is very very good... not as great as Paper Mario 2, but very good in a similar way.

Super Mario World is also a must!

Oh and Pokemon... get Emerald now that is out.

I imagine the SP will drop in price when the Micro is released.
Mon 22/08/05 at 01:40
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I always liked the look of Need For Speed Underground for the GBA, but I could only find it for something ridiculous like £25.

I seriously doubt it'll be any good, but I just want a racer.
Mon 22/08/05 at 01:03
Regular
I also have my eye on World Series Poker :^D
Sun 21/08/05 at 21:20
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
both fire emblem games, astro boy and riviera: the promised land is worth a look too, but u need to import it.
Sun 21/08/05 at 00:00
"period drama"
Make someday today.
It rocks.
Sat 20/08/05 at 23:36
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Oh yeah, Mario and Luigi. I really must buy that someday....
Sat 20/08/05 at 23:34
"period drama"
Mario and Luigi, Advance Wars, Wario Ware, Zelda, Yoshi's Island.
There's 5 belters for you.
Thu 18/08/05 at 22:30
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Mario Kart for sure! Even if you finish it which is unlikely you'll go back for more again and again and again. The best think about GBA games is they usually contain the original SNES game if they're based on them you just have to play then to a finish if you want to unlock the original SNES game. Mario Kart, Mario World, Zelda you get 2 for the price of 1!
Thu 18/08/05 at 10:31
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Chipseh wrote:
> Golden Sun 1 + 2 are the best "true" RPG's for the system.

Indeed, they are awesomeness.

When the hell is WarioWare Twisted coming out?
Thu 18/08/05 at 05:08
Regular
Cheers dudes.

I guess I'll start with Zeldas and Golden Suns, leave Mana and FF, and then pick up some others.

So Sword of Mana definitely sucks? I heard good things about Secret Of...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.