GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"contridiction"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/03/03 at 09:47
Regular
I'm a walking contridiction.

When I like something I want to share it with everyone. If I find a new band for example, that I think is fantastic, I want all my friends to like it and appreciate it with me.

But if the thing which I like should become (heaven forbid) popular, I feel jealous, I feel like I discovered that first, what buisness have other people liking it. Then I tend to go off the thing to some extent.

Whats going on there?
Tue 04/03/03 at 09:59
Regular
"I ush!"
Enigmatic Enigma wrote:
> I know what you mean. I discovered a new way of making toast, told my
> friends about it, now they all make their toast like that!
>

I used to make toast by putting it in the toaster, then when it was done splitting it down the middle, turning it inside out and toasting it again to create two really thin and crispy pieces of toast, kind of like melba toast.

I guess I must have been pretty bored.
Tue 04/03/03 at 09:57
Regular
"I ush!"
I know exactly what you mean. I think that part of it is that people are pulling in different directions. You like the music for the music, but the music industry is interested in being as popular as it can be. When a band's music changes and they become more popular the hardcore fans see this as selling out, because it's different and they're not used to it.

Maybe it's because when you share the music it's kind of it's partially yours, but when that becomes popular it's like someone has taken something from you, that was partially yours. Clearly in reality it never was. : )
Tue 04/03/03 at 09:53
"Pain In My Dark Cri"
I know what you mean. I discovered a new way of making toast, told my friends about it, now they all make their toast like that!

I'm not going to tell you all, though 'cos you might steal my idea or, even worse, denounce me for being a freak.
Tue 04/03/03 at 09:51
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
It's the whole thing about exclusivity that all mettelers seem to be tied up with. No 'real' metteler would be seen listening to slipknot nowadays...
Tue 04/03/03 at 09:47
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I'm a walking contridiction.

When I like something I want to share it with everyone. If I find a new band for example, that I think is fantastic, I want all my friends to like it and appreciate it with me.

But if the thing which I like should become (heaven forbid) popular, I feel jealous, I feel like I discovered that first, what buisness have other people liking it. Then I tend to go off the thing to some extent.

Whats going on there?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.