GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anyone else find Micheal Moore a bit preachy and annoying?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/03/03 at 09:27
Regular
Micheal Moore, author of "Stupid White Men" the recent BAFTA award winning facticious account of the American way of life. I find him incredibly annoying. I read the book and he makes lots of valid points and gives us all the facts, but overall I found him endlessly repeating himself and making contradictions. The bit I *really* didn't get was the anecdote about how he successfully ran for President of the School Board whilst he was still at school, made the Principal and Vice-Principal resign (the principal died of a heart attack within 2 years of this), then goes on about the fond memories he had of this kind and decent man who used to let him play in his garden when he was younger. I mean, what's the guy's problem? Everyone can see what a crappy state America is in at the moment. It's not the first time the Presidency and office has been run by inbred hicks (the Kennedys), yet he thinks he's making some incredible point and is totally aloof to everyone else about it. His ego is as big as his belly. Shocking book, shoddy author.
Wed 05/03/03 at 00:36
Regular
Finally got hold of Stupid White Men today. Read a couple of chapters this evening, just stopped.

I can definitely see where you can criticise his style. Then again, it's already pretty clear how strongly he advocates getting off your ash, paying attention and making a difference, and anyone who does that will no doubt work things out for themselves along the way, and pick up on the other side of the argument.

So I guess I can live with him being preachy...
Tue 04/03/03 at 17:08
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
monkey_man wrote:

>
> His facts are perfectly fine. It's just the way he presents them.

Aye well, each to his own! Nothing wrong with disliking somebody's style of presentation.
Tue 04/03/03 at 13:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Light wrote:
> Can I just check; has anyone been able to fault Moore's facts, or can
> they only fault his personality?

His facts are perfectly fine. It's just the way he presents them. Maybe I just don't get on well with his style of writing. Stupid White Men was laid out in a way where each chapter could have been a seperate documentary; i.e they were on different subjects. I read eight of these in one night and the remainder the next. Possibly that's too quick, but it's the way I read.

And it was a zany hat.
Tue 04/03/03 at 13:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Personality.

And apparently he's overweight and wears a baseball cap
Tue 04/03/03 at 13:22
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Courting...shouldn't that mean "To engage in a courtly fashion"?

Goatboy, have you been jousting for a lady's affection and writing her medieval love poems and stuff?

Can I just check; has anyone been able to fault Moore's facts, or can they only fault his personality?
Tue 04/03/03 at 12:08
"Darkness, always"
I prefer beguiling, myself. After all, that's what most of courting is. Put across an effectively false impression until it gets panties to drop and legs to open.
Tue 04/03/03 at 11:59
Regular
"relocated"
I've read the book, but I'm more interested in courting. 'Dating' is a rubbish word. 'Going out with' is even worse. I'll stick with my 18th century dictionary, especially for the old style pronouns.
Tue 04/03/03 at 10:27
"Darkness, always"
Back to the topic, I haven't read the book, and given its subject matter, I have absolutely no inclination to either.
Tue 04/03/03 at 10:25
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
There's an old guy where I work who wears a hat religiously everyday. And it's one of those old style hats with a decent brim, cut in a rather dashing felt material.
Tue 04/03/03 at 09:58
"Pain In My Dark Cri"
Dunno. Seems like a respectable term, that's all. Some of my tendencies are stuck in the past. I yearn for the day of bowlers hat, for example. You never see anyone wearing decent hats anymore. All these kids with baseballs cap or beanie hats makes me feel ill.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.