GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anyone else find Micheal Moore a bit preachy and annoying?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/03/03 at 09:27
Regular
Micheal Moore, author of "Stupid White Men" the recent BAFTA award winning facticious account of the American way of life. I find him incredibly annoying. I read the book and he makes lots of valid points and gives us all the facts, but overall I found him endlessly repeating himself and making contradictions. The bit I *really* didn't get was the anecdote about how he successfully ran for President of the School Board whilst he was still at school, made the Principal and Vice-Principal resign (the principal died of a heart attack within 2 years of this), then goes on about the fond memories he had of this kind and decent man who used to let him play in his garden when he was younger. I mean, what's the guy's problem? Everyone can see what a crappy state America is in at the moment. It's not the first time the Presidency and office has been run by inbred hicks (the Kennedys), yet he thinks he's making some incredible point and is totally aloof to everyone else about it. His ego is as big as his belly. Shocking book, shoddy author.
Tue 04/03/03 at 09:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Micheal Moore, author of "Stupid White Men" the recent BAFTA award winning facticious account of the American way of life. I find him incredibly annoying. I read the book and he makes lots of valid points and gives us all the facts, but overall I found him endlessly repeating himself and making contradictions. The bit I *really* didn't get was the anecdote about how he successfully ran for President of the School Board whilst he was still at school, made the Principal and Vice-Principal resign (the principal died of a heart attack within 2 years of this), then goes on about the fond memories he had of this kind and decent man who used to let him play in his garden when he was younger. I mean, what's the guy's problem? Everyone can see what a crappy state America is in at the moment. It's not the first time the Presidency and office has been run by inbred hicks (the Kennedys), yet he thinks he's making some incredible point and is totally aloof to everyone else about it. His ego is as big as his belly. Shocking book, shoddy author.
Tue 04/03/03 at 09:29
"Pain In My Dark Cri"
Who is he, dude?
Tue 04/03/03 at 09:33
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Enigmatic Enigma wrote:
> Who is he, dude?

He's a guy who makes scathing documentaries on the state of America. He recently shot the documentary "Bowling for Columbine", where he confonted Charlton Heston and various other celebrities and influential figures about gun licensing laws and such-like. Kind of like a fatter, more American Dennis Pennis, but serious about it. I'm not saying what he does is wrong or irrelevant. I just think that he thinks he's got something over everyone because he dug up these facts and puts them on a platform.
Tue 04/03/03 at 09:34
Regular
"I ush!"
I haven't read stupid white men, but I was interested to. Some of what you've said about the author I can definitely believe, but is the book actually worth taking the time to read? Does it give a reasonably balanced argument or did you feel it was a little one sided?

It's always going to be a best seller becuase it's contravertial, but is it contravertial for contraversy's sake, or does the end justify the means?

I kind of see Micheal Moore as an American Mark Thomas, who I also feel had some valid points, but on occasion protested just to make a spectacle when it wasn't really necessary or even valid.
Tue 04/03/03 at 09:35
"Pain In My Dark Cri"
Does the dude have a werid beard and a random hat? With a zany expression on his face? If so, then I think i know who you're on about.
Tue 04/03/03 at 09:38
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Can you name an American that doesn't have a weird beard and a zany hat!?

Yeah, sounds like you've got the right dude.

Welcome to the forums by the way. The 'Life & Everything' forum is where nerds go to hide from the geeks in the 'Future of Gaming' forum. Look out for someone called Goatboy - he'll try and touch you in places you won't like.
Tue 04/03/03 at 09:48
"Pain In My Dark Cri"
I read one of his posts - something about going to court to a girl or something. So maybe I'll be safe until whenever he gets back. Monday, I think his post said.

I've read a few geeky comments on the Gaming board - there are a few anally retentive persons who post there. No names being mentioned, mind. That would just offend people.
Tue 04/03/03 at 09:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I like Michael Moore because of what he is:

A former car-plant worker that got made redundant by Ford and decided to try and get an interview with the CEO to find out why thousands lost their jobs and his town, Flint, was decimated.
Turned it into a documentary called "Roger and Me".

He's not a trained political satirist, he's just a normal guy that tried to get some answers and has followed that route.
I'm not going to dignify comments about his weight or zany hair, because I find that irrelevant.

He's not for everyone, but then neither is semolina
Tue 04/03/03 at 09:54
"Pain In My Dark Cri"
Did it go well with the woman you were courting, dude?
Tue 04/03/03 at 09:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I wasn't courting her!

And yes. Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.