GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"for all the t0ssers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/03/03 at 09:22
Regular
pancake t0ssers that is : )

What will be filling your pancakes this year.
Surely some people must be having something a little more interesting that sugar and lemon, and the odd splash of golden syrup.

Anyone got any good savoury combinations?

and is anyone keeping in the tradition of pancake day and giving something up for lent?
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:16
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The idea of lent is fasting. So you're supposed to eat as little as possible and pancakes was just generally a clearing of the cupbaord before the 40 day fasting.
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:14
Regular
"I ush!"
Robin wrote:
> Why is there even a pancake day atall, who made it up and why...
> I dont even like pancakes, i think they are *in harsh words* yucky!

As someone said earlier it's actually got to do with shrove tuesday and the forty days of lent from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday. The forty days of lent imitate the forty days that jesus spent in the wilderness. Traditionally religious types give something up for those forty days. The point of pancake day is to use up all of the stuff in the cupboards so you don't have any left for the forty days of lent.

On Easter Sunday we commerate the death of christ by eating chocolate eggs and bunnies, because those are pagan symbols of fertility for the spring. This is just one of many example of the church saying, look at those pagans and their festivals. They believe in life and sex and fun stuff. Lets steal their festival and make it our own.

Please note, I don't intend to offend and religious types out there, and although I myself am not religious I do believe that religion plays an important role in society today. : )
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:10
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Spinach and Ricotta
Also, a warmed up curry is always good in pancakes.
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:04
"Mimmargh!"
I have gunpowder on mine.
Tue 04/03/03 at 18:33
Regular
"Selected"
I can't believe you don't know what pancake day is all about.

its a cake in a pan for crying out loud.
Tue 04/03/03 at 18:33
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I'm full of Strawberries and Ben&Jerrys Vanilla Ice Cream.....

and pancakes

I never want to eat again

EVER
Tue 04/03/03 at 18:31
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Heh, the title is good...
Tue 04/03/03 at 18:04
Why is there even a pancake day atall, who made it up and why...
I dont even like pancakes, i think they are *in harsh words* yucky!
Tue 04/03/03 at 14:17
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Rather you than me. I admire your faith.
Tue 04/03/03 at 14:15
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Yep - no chocolate related products either - no Cappuchino's

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.