GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's everyone playing at the moment ?."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/11/08 at 20:17
Regular
"I like turtles"
The review section is great,but sometimes we just don't have time to write a full length review for everything we have had the chance to play.Please post the games you have tried recently here and let everyone know whats worth checking out and just as importantly what to avoid.

Cheers everyone.
Mon 01/12/08 at 15:07
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This past week I've been playing:

Rock Band 1/2 (360) - Really good and good fun with a group of people. Got the Rock Band 1 songs on Rock Band 2 now too so there is a nice big list of songs to choose from.

Puzzle Quest (DS) - I periodically go back to the game and I've been playing it a bit more since my sister borrowed Professor Layton. It's not too difficult a game once you start thinking about the next moves.

GT5 Prologue (PS3) - I'm loving this game, it's just classic GT and that is right up my alley. It really looks nice too, it's just a shame that the full game is a little while away because I can't see it lasting much longer from how much I've played already.

LittleBigPlanet (PS3) - Again, really enjoying it, although I haven't played nearly enough as I have wanted to. I'm looking forward to unlocking more stuff and then creating something.

Football Manager Live (PC) - Sports Interactive contacted me and wanted me back to do some more beta testing. Some nice improvements and some big bugs too. :)

Braid (XBLA) - One of the best XBLA arcade games. Crazy time manipulation makes this a real brain melter. The music is really beautiful on it too.

Castle Crashers (XBLA) - Not played too much but it plays really well and is really funny too.

Strong Bads Cool Game For Attractive People: Baddest of the Bands (WiiWare) - All 3 of the games in this series so far have been great, especially if you visit the Homestarrunner website. Point and click games really work well on the Wii.

Forza 2 (360) - Still trying to get back to where I was before I had to start again. Getting there and I think I'm a bit quicker this time around.

I think that's all. :D
Sun 30/11/08 at 21:16
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
> Been really busy recently so haven't had chance to play much.
>
> Call Of Duty World At War : Played it at my mates the other
> night,still pretty underwhelmed by it if i'm totally honest.COD 4
> is superior in all departments IMO,may pick it up if I see it
> cheap.

My lads completed the Xbox version in about 2 hours...don't know about the PC version, but this doesn't bode well for a good review.
Sun 30/11/08 at 20:38
Regular
"I like turtles"
Been really busy recently so haven't had chance to play much.

Super Streetfighter II HD remix XBLA : Well worth the 1200 MS points (about £8.50) IMO.Graphics are great,very retro and seriously cool.Will keep fans more than happy until Streetfighter IV comes out next year.A great beat em up only slightly let down by the 360's useless D-Pad.You can try the game for free if anyone's interested.

Midnight Club LA : Not a bad racer,not as chavvy as Need For Speed but its nothing really new.Available now for £23 at Amazon,worth a look for that if you like this kind of thing.

Gears Of War 2 : Great game,excellent single player campaign and much better online than it predecessor.Shame I suck at it though !.

Scene It : Box Office Smash : Good fun,party game.Really good pick and play factor but not sure about its lasting appeal.Intend to play over Christmas but will probably move it one after that.

Call Of Duty World At War : Played it at my mates the other night,still pretty underwhelmed by it if i'm totally honest.COD 4 is superior in all departments IMO,may pick it up if I see it cheap.

007 Quantum Of Solace : Very average game,OK if your a massive Bond fan I suppose but it didn't do much for me.Wouldn't pay full price for it.
Sun 30/11/08 at 20:34
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
> The review section is great,but sometimes we just don't have time
> to write a full length review for everything we have had the
> chance to play.Please post the games you have tried recently here
> and let everyone know whats worth checking out and just as
> importantly what to avoid.
>
> Cheers everyone.

Just completed for the second time PC: Code of Honor 2: Conspiracy Island. Their first offering was sh*te. This one has been built using the FEAR engine and is far superior and the one reason why I bought it.

The beginning is extremely 'old school' and quickly completed, but if you want a PC FPS, then stick with it and you will be surprised:-)
Sun 30/11/08 at 20:17
Regular
"I like turtles"
The review section is great,but sometimes we just don't have time to write a full length review for everything we have had the chance to play.Please post the games you have tried recently here and let everyone know whats worth checking out and just as importantly what to avoid.

Cheers everyone.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.