GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's everyone playing at the moment ?."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/11/08 at 20:17
Regular
"I like turtles"
The review section is great,but sometimes we just don't have time to write a full length review for everything we have had the chance to play.Please post the games you have tried recently here and let everyone know whats worth checking out and just as importantly what to avoid.

Cheers everyone.
Fri 02/01/09 at 17:37
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Were you part of Free Radical? That was really bad news. Was looking forward to Timesplitters 4. Anything you can tell us about projects they were working on, what might happen to them etc?
Fri 02/01/09 at 15:27
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Wow, my login still works!!

I've just finished Prince of Persia (the new one). It was pretty rubbish tbh! It looked pretty, but the gameplay was just pap when compared to Tomb Raider Underworld, which I completed the other day.

Tomb Raider Underworld however, was awesome!! Everyone should have a go on that one. :)

Now back to updating my CV now Free Radical has pretty much kicked the bucket, and I'm out of work... :(
Wed 31/12/08 at 11:59
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
FarCry 2 is keeping me entertained at the moment. Although it seems to be getting very repetitive very early. Not too far in so i will persevere and see.

Resistance 2- Campaign improved-ish from number one, no vehicles though. Co-Op massively fun, with class introduction and 8 players vs computer its incredibly involving. Although they really need to balance the classes. Healing 1 players gives anywhere from 150-500exp. Spec-ops replen ammo gives 30 a pop :S Make it 100 and you have a fair game

Alone in the Dark Inferno- Errr feel i have not given it a fair chance. But to be honest from the 2.5 hours I played, I don't want to. Seems sluggish, controls infinitely fidly for no reason, and the basics are hard...and the hard stuff easy. Shame tbh

Top Spin 3- Don't talk to me about it. Not even worth mentioning
Fri 26/12/08 at 11:42
Regular
"I like turtles"
Moto GP 08 is really good.Much easier to get into than the last couple of games.Enjoying this at the moment,bit like Forza on 2 wheels.Its the best bike racing game currently available by a mile IMO.

Forgot to mention its available for under £20 at Game.co.uk at the moment (less 9% Quidco and loyalty points) brings it in at under £18 delivered.Cheapest by far.
Mon 15/12/08 at 14:43
Regular
"THFC"
ah right - shame, cos PoP really is a great game. But i am sure after X-mas it will be even lower in places
Mon 15/12/08 at 13:52
"possibly impossible"
Haven't got a CEX near me.

For 360 I could maybe sell Oblivion: GOTY Edition or the first GOW special edition, but really I haven't got anything I want to get rid of right now.
Mon 15/12/08 at 11:22
Regular
"THFC"
£18 is a great price for it, and well worth the money, you could try selling some older games at CEX or something for cash??

Or if you got any XBox 360 games you are looking to sell then post them and maybe someone will purchase from here??
Mon 15/12/08 at 10:50
"possibly impossible"
Emmie87 wrote:
>
> Prince of Persia - Brilliant so far, graphics are lovely and all
> the running, jumping and fighting works great and it is a really
> enjoyable game, it is cheap so pick it up, i got the steel box
> one and it looks really nice aswell. May become tedious after a
> while but loving it at the moment!

Told you! :)

I still really want this and hoping I can get it before the Steelbook version sells out. Either that or I try to find £17.99 to get it on Play.com.
Mon 15/12/08 at 08:40
Regular
"THFC"
pete_21 wrote:
> Just tried the demo of Sonic Unleashed and believe it or not,its
> actually pretty good.My daughter loved it as well.Going to pick
> this up while its still £20 @ Gamestation.

Yea i really enjoyed this demo and should hopefully get it for Christmas.

However i am now playing;

Dead Rising - only about 30 mins into it but looks great and i am sure i will enjoy it. But will probably do a review when i finish it!

Also

Prince of Persia - Brilliant so far, graphics are lovely and all the running, jumping and fighting works great and it is a really enjoyable game, it is cheap so pick it up, i got the steel box one and it looks really nice aswell. May become tedious after a while but loving it at the moment!
Fri 12/12/08 at 21:09
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just tried the demo of Sonic Unleashed and believe it or not,its actually pretty good.My daughter loved it as well.Going to pick this up while its still £20 @ Gamestation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.