GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scared of the outside"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/02/03 at 18:46
Regular
Is it just me? Hmm, probably is.

But I get so scared less when I walk around at night/late afternoon I don't just mean wander around. If I go places, I get really scared that someone is gonna come up behind me and grab my bag or pull me into a bush and do horrible stuff.

I look friggin paranoid and stupid constantly looking around. It shows real bad.

Do I have a right to feel like this because of all the crap that goes on?
Does anyone else feel like this? I know most of ye are boys but don't you get at least a *little* worried some weirdo pervert pig prat is gonna jump on you?

Come back 70s.. so we can leave our front doors open again!! 70s/80s? I don't know! Well, I never managed to experience being able to leave your doors open! But it sounds nice.
Fri 28/02/03 at 20:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Here are some better phobias:
Allodoxaphobia- Fear of opinions.
Ambulophobia- Fear of walking.
Barophobia- Fear of gravity.
Bufonophobia- Fear of toads.
Deipnophobia- Fear of dining or dinner conversations
Geniophobia- Fear of chins
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
Logophobia- Fear of words.

There is just a selection of the greatest ever phobias.
Fri 28/02/03 at 20:02
Regular
"Baros!!!"
If I'm walking past a gang and I'm on my own, then I'm quite scared. But other than that, I feel quite safe.
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:57
Regular
"cachoo"
Woah! They are good. Thanks for looking!

The whole ultraviolet idea is good, I'd never even heard of it.
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:47
Regular
"Selected"
You can get them without the stupid little pin thing; i did a search:

www.avonlion.co.uk/Personal%20Protection

My personal favorite is "The Alert" which promises an "ear splitting 138 decibel output". beautiful. For a pinch at under 10 quid.
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:35
Regular
mikelar wrote:
> Maybe don't be so stupid as to carry a knife, but carry one of those
> siren things that sound like the world is ending when you press it.

What if they steal the pin you have to put back in to stop it?
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:35
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I only carry a knife for show - nobody is going to do anything to you when you wave a 6 inch knife in their face. Their expression is quite funny sometimes.
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:33
Regular
"cachoo"
Ooh, no. I wouldn't really carry a knife.

And where exactly can you get those siren things. I remember setting it off once in a car when I was young not knowing what it did.. Horrible horrible noise!!
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:26
Regular
"Selected"
Maybe don't be so stupid as to carry a knife, but carry one of those siren things that sound like the world is ending when you press it. You could also have some pepper spray for when its Mr/Mrs.Nasty time.

*plans to rob Jonman*
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:21
Regular
"cachoo"
BEARDS. wrote:
> Ah yes, the 60's, 70's and 80's, when the number of offenses was
> probably as high or even higher, just reported only a fraction of the
> amount.

Learnt something new.. interesting. I just thought it was unheard of. I remember my dad saying something about a man grabbing him in the 70s when he was little, and.. well, just thought it was unheard of!

Y'know. I never even thought about carrying a knife, maybe I should just in case.. hehe. Maybe I should get a liscense for a gun. Holding a gun always made me giggle. Not that I've held one of course. Never. Ahem.
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yeah, I'm paranoid. Don't mind going out with mates, but on my own...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.