GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've just thought of one of the best (worst?) programmes to make a game out of!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/01/01 at 10:57
Regular
I saw a game in a certain high street retailer the other day (clue: it's and anagram of 'MAGE') which made me think that the market had sunk to a new low in desperation. It was called something like 007 Racing and seemed to be a bog standard driving game where the only twist was that the cars were all from James Bond films. How rubbish an idea is that?

Last night I posted something about DVDs of kids programmes. This game and my recent track of thought gave me the brilliant(?) idea I've just had.

Does any one remember the TV series M.A.S.K. (not MASH, mis-typed)? I can't quite remember what it stood for but it was about two sides (goodies and baddies, obviously) battling it out with lots of transforming vehicles! Imagine if this was made into a racing game! The flying ones would have to be given a height limit for fairness (unless that particular race consisted of only ones that can fly and was in the sky or something) or maybe make them travel slower in the air than on land. The tracks could incorporate different sections where certain vehicles could gain slight advantages over the others - small shortcuts over water and that sort of thing.

Surely if a developer can bung a load of bond cars together and call it a game then this idea would be more than ripe for the picking.

The only problem would be that fact that hardly anyone would remember it enough to want to buy it - except me.

How about Transformers? Surely they are due for a next-gen console revival! None of your Beast Wars cack, I'm talking about the proper ones!

Ooooh if only! I guess we'll be stuck with the likes of 007 Racing, Star Wars Bingo and Start Trek: First Chess Move.

Any other ideas?
Thu 27/11/08 at 06:21
Regular
"wats da craic guys"
Hi moggy4.. i also am waiting on word about nasco as i tried to e-mail him bout got mail adminasrater stating that the e-mail address is not in use, the offer from the vigo group looks ok but as you said it would be hard to trust them,i e-mailed the solicitor but he said tht they are trying to make the place a big tourest attraction and said it would be worth doing it for one year at least to see what its like...i will wait and see if nasco gets back to you and may be you can send in the information to the forum..thanks Napperboy
Wed 26/11/08 at 21:51
Regular
Hi Napperboy

I have also had the same email,but am not sure of what exactly they are offering (plus i dont trust them)
I have emailed them to ask if they are willing to pay up front with the rental,and if they will be liable for any breackages and or damage to my apartment during the rental period.
has anybody else any more information on this.

I am also waiting for Nasco (the supermarket owner)to come back with some kind of offer on rental deal.

Here is a link to what vigo are offering for those who may not have seen it.
Wed 26/11/08 at 17:44
Regular
"wats da craic guys"
has anyone got an offer for the fourth coming season for the vigo group to manage and rent out your apartment, i got one today and i want you all to give your opinion on this...thanks napperboy
Fri 12/01/01 at 19:27
"possibly impossible"
That's why I'm holding out for a region 2 release. Sometimes europe gets a better DVD out of having to wait that bit longer.
Fri 12/01/01 at 19:24
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Transformers the Movie is already out on Region 1. There are apparently no extras on it (not even a trailer!) and it's not in widescreen but so what? It's Transformers!
Fri 12/01/01 at 19:18
"possibly impossible"
Grix, Transformers the Movie is coming out on DVD soon. I have it on video, for old time's sake.

M.A.S.K was a game on the 8-bit computers, quite playable when you actually worked out what to do. I've got it in my emulator collection, but I haven't played it for ages.

I also have an A-Team game (not very good) and, yes, the infamous Transformers spectrum game, where all the transformers could fly (as in the cartoons, not the original comics - I hate it when they don't stick to the original concepts) and you could hurtle along the futuristic tracks as Optimus Prime, Bumblebee or one of the other autobots, until you reached the end of the walkway and then you'd be moving so fast that the momentum would carry you over the edge unless you transformed!

I also have Turtles 1 and Turtles in time on MAME.

How's that for encompassing all the topic in one go!
Fri 12/01/01 at 19:05
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Has anyone seen Transformers the movie? Damn I need to see that
> film...

I saw it years ago. It was re-released not too long back so I bought it and it was still as great as ever. If you like a bit of 80's style guitar rock then you'll love the soundtrack as well (which I also own).

Try BlackStar.co.uk, I bought it from there for the mere sum of £3.99! No joke!
Fri 12/01/01 at 19:00
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
monkey_man wrote:
> Holy smokes, Mobile.Armored.Strike.Kommand! It's still on Fox on
> Cable. I used to have all the toys, including Boulder Mountain (the
> petrol station HQ). It rocked. Yeah, I remember Matt Trakker, Brad
> Turner, Hondo MacLean and the gang. What about V.E.N.O.M - Vicious
> Evil Network Of Mayhem. Excellent, give this guy Gameaday now!!!!
> I'd fork out for a PS2 if it had a MASK game on it, wouldn't you?

THATS IS!!! I knew as far as Moblie and Armoured and I (almost) guessed Strike but the 'K' was throwing me completely. I never got close to remembering what VENOM stood for though so well done there as well.

I remember having loads of the toys as well. I remember my uncle buying me Rhino (the big, purple truck thing, although I'm sure you remember this monkey_man) for my birthday and it had that foreign bloke in orange (name?) with his Lifter mask firing out yellow Hula Hoops at things. Oh happy days.

Do you remember the abysmal Commodore 64 games?
Fri 12/01/01 at 17:31
Regular
Alright...

But the first arcade game, and the top down kinda one was superb.
Fri 12/01/01 at 17:30
Regular
Has anyone seen Transformers the movie? Damn I need to see that film...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.