GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've just thought of one of the best (worst?) programmes to make a game out of!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/01/01 at 10:57
Regular
I saw a game in a certain high street retailer the other day (clue: it's and anagram of 'MAGE') which made me think that the market had sunk to a new low in desperation. It was called something like 007 Racing and seemed to be a bog standard driving game where the only twist was that the cars were all from James Bond films. How rubbish an idea is that?

Last night I posted something about DVDs of kids programmes. This game and my recent track of thought gave me the brilliant(?) idea I've just had.

Does any one remember the TV series M.A.S.K. (not MASH, mis-typed)? I can't quite remember what it stood for but it was about two sides (goodies and baddies, obviously) battling it out with lots of transforming vehicles! Imagine if this was made into a racing game! The flying ones would have to be given a height limit for fairness (unless that particular race consisted of only ones that can fly and was in the sky or something) or maybe make them travel slower in the air than on land. The tracks could incorporate different sections where certain vehicles could gain slight advantages over the others - small shortcuts over water and that sort of thing.

Surely if a developer can bung a load of bond cars together and call it a game then this idea would be more than ripe for the picking.

The only problem would be that fact that hardly anyone would remember it enough to want to buy it - except me.

How about Transformers? Surely they are due for a next-gen console revival! None of your Beast Wars cack, I'm talking about the proper ones!

Ooooh if only! I guess we'll be stuck with the likes of 007 Racing, Star Wars Bingo and Start Trek: First Chess Move.

Any other ideas?
Sat 13/12/08 at 11:56
Regular
"wats da craic guys"
Hi everyone..got an e-mail from the pm group(management company)yesterday and they wanted to know my final discision on if i will be using them as a management company for the next season and they wanted an answer asap ... i will be using them for the fourth coming season and am wondering is their anyone else out there who are doing the same ,im not using the vigo group as they will be hard to trust and we are still waiting on word back from the nasco boy but to no reveil so the time is creeping up again and i want to get things on the go now instead of waiting till mid spring,the vigo arrangment looks ok the 50 - 50 one but you would always be wondering how many clients they really did put into the apartment...so have a nice christmas and a happy new year everyone and hope this year will be the spring board to future happyness with the apartments....napperboy
Mon 08/12/08 at 22:01
Regular
napperboy wrote:
> derek were abouts is the tax office from the apartments so the
> tax bill can be paid the next time that im over what is this bill
> for as i have not heard about this not even when i was in with
> that useless solicitor Orlin Denkov,has there being any word back
> from the Nasco boy on the renting out of our gaffs this summer
> and what is the feeling with the vigo offer for
> management...thanks napperboy

Hi napperboy, the Council Tax Office is in new Nessebar, near the town centre. I believe the bill is for garbage disposal etc - similar to our council tax in the uk. You will need your Bulstat card when you go to pay the bill. I haven't heard anything from Nasco but have emailed him a few days ago. I have also emailed the solicitor I mentioned in my previous post to get advice on our guaranteed rental situation (will let you all know what happens as soon as I hear). As for the Vigo offer I don't feel inclined to trust them to keep their promise but I am keeping my options open.

Cheers Derek
Mon 08/12/08 at 06:38
Regular
"wats da craic guys"
derek were abouts is the tax office from the apartments so the tax bill can be paid the next time that im over what is this bill for as i have not heard about this not even when i was in with that useless solicitor Orlin Denkov,has there being any word back from the Nasco boy on the renting out of our gaffs this summer and what is the feeling with the vigo offer for management...thanks napperboy
Wed 03/12/08 at 16:54
Regular
"wats da craic guys"
Hi.. i would agree with you all on this one to get a solicitor bewteen us all and see the out come, but first ask his advise on the matter to see the loopholes because the vigo group are not stupid there must be some thing in there madness not to pay out the guaranteed rental back here that would be a straight forward case but Bulgaria is a funny place as you don,t really know who runs the country the goverment or the mafia
Wed 03/12/08 at 14:29
Regular
Hi everyone

I think it is a good idea to share the cost of legal action as outlined by B & K. If we could just enquire first if it would be possible to take them to court as a group rather than an individual as we all have exactly the same problem. Either way I think we should do it as we can't let Vigo get away with keeping our money.
Tue 02/12/08 at 19:57
Regular
I have found (from another forum) a Bulgarian solicitor with an office here in UK here is a link to them Solicitor
As stated by easylivin and B & K it would be good if everyone who was interested in taking this forward would post on this thread so we could see if it was feasible.

I for one have no problem putting in a share towards taking legal action, as stated by B&K this would avoid us all wasting money on an unsuccessful action. in the hope of showing Vigo that they cannot conduct business like this.
Tue 02/12/08 at 12:21
Regular
In reply to the question about a solicitor - we don't think you could use a solicitor based in England as they wouldn't have a grasp of Bulgarian law. We need to use an English speaking Bulgarian lawyer.
We wrote to the British Embassy and they sent a list of English speaking lawyers.
We were wondering if all the people who completed their purchase on time and had their property furnished joined together and could pay for one of us to take Vigo to court using either Legal Independence ( as they have all the information ) or another lawyer. If this case was successful the one who had taken them to court could pay us all back and we could all launch a similar action, or maybe they would settle out of court. This would avoid us all wasting money on an unsuccessful action.
Tue 02/12/08 at 08:33
Regular
We have paid just shy of £8k in mortgage payments this year, when like yourselves, we didn't expect to have to do this as we had "guaranteed rental".

As we paid the mortgage late (due to the bank we thought initially and also now it would seem the developer) so we reckoned we had broken even with not being asked to pay interest due to the late payment.

What has concerned us the most is that Vigo Group have been renting out our apartments and benefiting from them without us knowing or being given a share. I would say this is illegal in any country but then I'm not a solicitor.

Does anyone else want to hire an English and Bulgarian speaking solicitor in the UK (if one exists) that will take up our issues and obtain our share of the rental gained by Vigo Group since the apartments were finished. I don't know what the law is in Bulgaria but I am sure they are expected to keep records and pay tax as well as we do.

We have paid for one of our apartments to be managed by an independent (one hopes) maintenance and lettings company, who changed the locks but from what I understand a copy of the new keys has to be left on site, defeating the object of stopping the illegal rental.

We can go with the VG offer of 50/50 so we don't have to pay the maintenance - quite honestly we don't want to pay anything more if we can help it - but as mentioned by several of us we have no way of knowing if they will pay our split on all the rentals they obtain. The thing is we got only 2 nights rental this year so anything would be an improvement plus we don't have to pay anything up front for this offer!

Nasco sounds good but who is he? Has he got tour operator contracts up his sleeve? Can we trust him any more than VG?

VG are very clever at getting what they want and keeping it, we have to find a solicitor who is cleverer and will get us what we want.
Thu 27/11/08 at 19:56
Regular
Hi Katrina

I think the fee your solicitor is talking about is the local tax, which for my studio came to 120 lev = about 62euro.
So it looks like he may be missleading you (are you with legal independance solicitors ?)
you can pay this tax yourself when you visit nessebar at the local council offices which are just down the road from vigo.
you will need your bulstat card to pay this,which your solicitor should have given you.

regards derek
Thu 27/11/08 at 18:04
Regular
Hi everyone,

I recieved the same e-mail too this week. I don't trust them to pay up as we are still waiting for them to forward our rent money from the season just gone. We also recieved an e-amil form the lawyer telling us that we need to pay a building tax fee and a garbage fee. The fee comes upto the amount of 250 euros which includes the lawyers fee!! This they tell us needs to be paid according their so called "bulgarian law". What a joke. We are not paying it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.