GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've just thought of one of the best (worst?) programmes to make a game out of!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/01/01 at 10:57
Regular
I saw a game in a certain high street retailer the other day (clue: it's and anagram of 'MAGE') which made me think that the market had sunk to a new low in desperation. It was called something like 007 Racing and seemed to be a bog standard driving game where the only twist was that the cars were all from James Bond films. How rubbish an idea is that?

Last night I posted something about DVDs of kids programmes. This game and my recent track of thought gave me the brilliant(?) idea I've just had.

Does any one remember the TV series M.A.S.K. (not MASH, mis-typed)? I can't quite remember what it stood for but it was about two sides (goodies and baddies, obviously) battling it out with lots of transforming vehicles! Imagine if this was made into a racing game! The flying ones would have to be given a height limit for fairness (unless that particular race consisted of only ones that can fly and was in the sky or something) or maybe make them travel slower in the air than on land. The tracks could incorporate different sections where certain vehicles could gain slight advantages over the others - small shortcuts over water and that sort of thing.

Surely if a developer can bung a load of bond cars together and call it a game then this idea would be more than ripe for the picking.

The only problem would be that fact that hardly anyone would remember it enough to want to buy it - except me.

How about Transformers? Surely they are due for a next-gen console revival! None of your Beast Wars cack, I'm talking about the proper ones!

Ooooh if only! I guess we'll be stuck with the likes of 007 Racing, Star Wars Bingo and Start Trek: First Chess Move.

Any other ideas?
Fri 12/01/01 at 10:57
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
I saw a game in a certain high street retailer the other day (clue: it's and anagram of 'MAGE') which made me think that the market had sunk to a new low in desperation. It was called something like 007 Racing and seemed to be a bog standard driving game where the only twist was that the cars were all from James Bond films. How rubbish an idea is that?

Last night I posted something about DVDs of kids programmes. This game and my recent track of thought gave me the brilliant(?) idea I've just had.

Does any one remember the TV series M.A.S.K. (not MASH, mis-typed)? I can't quite remember what it stood for but it was about two sides (goodies and baddies, obviously) battling it out with lots of transforming vehicles! Imagine if this was made into a racing game! The flying ones would have to be given a height limit for fairness (unless that particular race consisted of only ones that can fly and was in the sky or something) or maybe make them travel slower in the air than on land. The tracks could incorporate different sections where certain vehicles could gain slight advantages over the others - small shortcuts over water and that sort of thing.

Surely if a developer can bung a load of bond cars together and call it a game then this idea would be more than ripe for the picking.

The only problem would be that fact that hardly anyone would remember it enough to want to buy it - except me.

How about Transformers? Surely they are due for a next-gen console revival! None of your Beast Wars cack, I'm talking about the proper ones!

Ooooh if only! I guess we'll be stuck with the likes of 007 Racing, Star Wars Bingo and Start Trek: First Chess Move.

Any other ideas?
Fri 12/01/01 at 11:01
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
How can you be smoked unless you are DEAD?

Are dead kippers allowed to enter Gameaday or would it be fairer only to give prizes to Ants, Rhinos, Sheep and other species which are clearly still alive an kicking?

(except Ant)
Fri 12/01/01 at 11:04
Regular
SnIPeRs!
Fri 12/01/01 at 11:05
Regular
"not dead"
I think 007 racer would be cool, but only if:

It was realistic not cartoony.

The cars were from the films.

The courses were based on locations in the films.

There were bonus stages in which you could drive busses, motorbikes, and speedboats.

The A-Team would be a cool game.

meka_dragon PQMS8/00
Fri 12/01/01 at 11:09
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
tony wrote:
> How can you be smoked unless you are DEAD?

Are dead kippers
> allowed to enter Gameaday or would it be fairer only to give prizes
> to Ants, Rhinos, Sheep and other species which are clearly still
> alive an kicking?

Not quite the response I was expecting.

How do you know I don't mean 'smoked' in the narcotic sense of the word? Can stoned marine life win Gameaday?
Fri 12/01/01 at 11:11
Regular
SAid the magic word Kipper (smoked)
Fri 12/01/01 at 11:30
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
SmokedKipper wrote:
> How do you know I don't mean 'smoked'in the narcotic sense of the word? Can stoned marine life win Gameaday?

Probably - As long as it gives a correct e-mail address and home address when it signs up.

But then it wouldn't be a Kipper if it wasn't dead, as all kippers are SmokedHerrings!!!
Fri 12/01/01 at 15:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Holy smokes, Mobile.Armored.Strike.Kommand! It's still on Fox on Cable. I used to have all the toys, including Boulder Mountain (the petrol station HQ). It rocked. Yeah, I remember Matt Trakker, Brad Turner, Hondo MacLean and the gang. What about V.E.N.O.M - Vicious Evil Network Of Mayhem. Excellent, give this guy Gameaday now!!!! I'd fork out for a PS2 if it had a MASK game on it, wouldn't you?
Fri 12/01/01 at 16:01
Regular
Transformers were great! When i was young though!
I loved Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, too bad the games were cack.
Fri 12/01/01 at 17:27
Regular
NO game with the Turtles (Capital T.) can be cack... Certainly not the earlier ones, anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.