GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Amusing little experiment"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/02/03 at 11:58
Regular
Just for morbid fun, nothing else.
The scene is this:
You are in front of your computer emailing a mate. The 3 minute warning goes off and you have 3 minutes - 180 seconds - to write your message.
Time yourself, and dont cheat because otherwise it's pointless.
Strictly limit yourself to 3 minutes exactly, when that 3 minutes is up, stop writing even if it's mid sentence.
You were writing to your mate to express your fears at the escalating conflict around the world.

3 minutes exactly.
Go
Thu 27/02/03 at 11:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Just for morbid fun, nothing else.
The scene is this:
You are in front of your computer emailing a mate. The 3 minute warning goes off and you have 3 minutes - 180 seconds - to write your message.
Time yourself, and dont cheat because otherwise it's pointless.
Strictly limit yourself to 3 minutes exactly, when that 3 minutes is up, stop writing even if it's mid sentence.
You were writing to your mate to express your fears at the escalating conflict around the world.

3 minutes exactly.
Go
Thu 27/02/03 at 11:59
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Gotta go, gonna die soon. Wanna do something decent.
Thu 27/02/03 at 12:02
"Darkness, always"
=====================================
... Oh well.

What a load of crap it was after all.

So long, cruel world.
=====================================

That's it.
Thu 27/02/03 at 12:02
Regular
There wouldn't be any three minute warning. I have heard that term banded about for the last few days and it annoys me. The first you would know about it would be when you died.
Thu 27/02/03 at 12:08
Regular
K, it was leaning more toward a direct flow of consciousness than how I'd normally write, because of the time limit, obviously.
To be honest had I actually been e-mailing a mate I'd probably have sat around for at least two minutes thinking things through more, then decided to leave it for another time. But I guess that wasn't the point.

Pasted from word:

Hi bud,
The escalating conflict around the world huh?

I guess from a personal point of view, none of us want to be dragged into a war, and even if the risks of conscription against Iraq are slim, I don’t really think it’s going to stop there – America, that is.

But wider than that, we’re talking thousands of deaths, and that’s a best case scenario if there is a war. I
Thu 27/02/03 at 12:10
Regular
Oh, I see what you mean by 3 minute warning, I think.

Didn't associate it with anything myself, probably because there probably wouldn't be one.

Except in Goatboy's election victory speach...
Thu 27/02/03 at 12:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And Dr Duck is the only one that had a crack at it with any attempt of seriousness.
Cheers Duck, I'll do mine when I go for lunch.

And even if there's no 3 minute warning, it's called "using your imagination".
Tricky, I'll grant you, but never too late.
Thu 27/02/03 at 12:15
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Time for one last smopke then - and they said i'd die of lung cancer. What a bunch of inept, misguided fools. By the time yoyu read this, i'll be dead so don't waste your time reading this - phone a loved one and express your emotions from the core of your corrupt, infantile soul. And weep at all the things you never got the chancve to do or might habve done had you not settled down for the endless rat-race that our pervasibve society overwhlms us with.

So long.
Thu 27/02/03 at 12:17
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Just read it back and it had a few typos in it. Then again, spelling would be the last thing on your mind wouldn't it? I left myself with about 30 secs to furiously smoke my last cig in quiet comtemplation.
Thu 27/02/03 at 12:17
"Darkness, always"
That was a serious attempt. Just because it didn't produce what you were expecting, doesn't mean it's not what you were looking for.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.