GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion'.
Tue 23/08/05 at 16:08
"The Will of D."
The amazing sequel to one of the greatest games of all time (Morrowind, if you thought it was something stupid like Halo) is finally on its way THIS Christmas alongisde the Xbox 360 release (as Oblivion is a release game) for PC and of X360.

Now you should all know by now how detailed the graphics are, how smart all the NPC's are going to be, more or less get the jist of how the combat system will work, and that the character creation at the start will be very detailed you could have millons of different faces probably for each race too (the usual 8, Khajiits, Argonians, and all the human races), but did you know that you can use a special item in the game that allows you to revive a dead foe and turn him into a mindless bodyguard to defend and fight for you whenever you are attacked. Now if there is a spell version of this item then perhaps this wil be the ultimate necromancers tool to play the game, by using the enemies against each other.

Another thing that has recently been confirmed is the possibility to become a Vampire like in Morrowind, however in this game being a Vampire will not hinder your chances of completing any quests unlike before.

Anywa I for one have been waiting with dried drool on my chin for maybe a year now, and the wait is nearly over at last. This game will not however be delayed like Twilight Princess because they are in the final stages of production at this very moment and have they had already finished the main world structure ages ago.
Thu 01/09/05 at 12:20
"The Will of D."
Ditto. Bring on the game and possible expansions.
Wed 31/08/05 at 20:42
"For the horde!!!!"
I'm hopeing this is going to be a classic
Fri 26/08/05 at 17:10
"The Will of D."
That's a shame, i'll probably use my very good laptop to play it, either that or get an X360 eventualy then buy the game then. Hopefully they'll bring out expansions or have some superior fan mods by then.
Fri 26/08/05 at 16:16
Regular
Aye, I am looking forward to this, may have to get it on 360, because my brother will be taking his super computer to uni.
Fri 26/08/05 at 13:07
Regular
"8==="
Horses and dogs?

I'm sold. :)
Fri 26/08/05 at 10:47
"The Will of D."
According to a recent fan interview about Oblivion the interesting revelation about the transport system in oblivion has come to to light. The fast method of transport is in fact "horses".

11. Besides being a faster means of travelling the world, what features can we expect to see with and from horses? How diverse might they be? Will your encumbrance or stats affect them in any way? And what will happen when a mounted character is attacked? And, aside from Horses, what other beasts may be in store for players as pets (such as the dog at E3)?

Horses are used to get around faster. I’ll be honest, we were so excited to do horses in the game, but have actually found that they are useful, but not to the level we expected. Yes, you can ride around faster, and get away from mobs in the wilderness, and such. So they don’t provide this overwhelming advantage to you, but they’re just cool. It’s something you just want to do in the game. On a pure game design level, they aren’t some killer feature, but they are fun. You see them for sale, and you just have to have one. Or you sneak into the horse pen at night and steal one. That’s fun regardless of the need to move faster. When people get attacked on them, they either ride away, or get off and fight. Dogs are the only other “pet” creatures we have – but you can’t ride those.
Thu 25/08/05 at 13:36
"The Will of D."
I'm wondering whether the installation and the game itself will fit on 1 disc alone even if it is a DVD disc, so i'm thinking it will require 1 disc for installation and another to play the game. Perhaps the Construction Set will be on the install disc too as the last one din't require a disc to open up.
Thu 25/08/05 at 13:25
Regular
I'm thinking 2 gig ram will be pretty much required.
Thu 25/08/05 at 13:23
Regular
I loved every minute of Morrowind, it was just awesome. Maybe a slight slow starter, yes, but once you get into the dynamics of the game you just get addicted.

Really looking forward to Oblivion now.
Thu 25/08/05 at 13:20
"The Will of D."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Voice acting?
>
> Thank god.
>
> That was one of the things I hated about Morrowind, having to read
> pages and pages of beardy nonsense everytime you talk to someone.
>
> As long as they fix the combat as well, this game should be good.

Haven't you heard? the battle system will actually require some real skill, and the enemies will have as much knowledge of the combat system as you, except your stats will help decide how much damge will occur if and when you manage to get a hit in that wasn't bounced off a shield. There will be recoil time for both you and the enemy to take advantage of just like in a real sword fight.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.