GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"YH Question of the Day."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/02/03 at 14:56
Regular
When you get married, you say "Until death us do part."

Yet surely, when one of the couple dies, they are only apart for a while, until the other dies. And then the couple is reunited again.

So when you get married, you're saying that you won't see each other again after death. Which kind of puts the whole existence of heaven into doubt, and bearing in mind that marriage is a religious ceremony...

Thoughts?
Wed 19/02/03 at 19:32
Regular
I think the simple answer is that it's a vow of a Christian ceremony, and neither the Bible nor Christian teachings mention anything about being reunited with your wife/husband in heaven.
Wed 19/02/03 at 17:29
Regular
I'd be perfecty happy to come back as someone else, with heaven as a sort of pit-stop between lives.
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:58
"Darkness, always"
Well, I for one would refuse it.

24 years on this God forsaken earth and to be honest I'm sick of it already. An however enjoyable anything is, the novelty always wears off. I can see me boring of paradise within a few decades.

Having to spend an eternity there would be akin to a nightmare.
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:54
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> In my experience, most people don't actually care. Only people who are
> actively religious really "yearn" to be heaven sent.

I don't entertain the prospect of a heavenly future, I am aiming for eternal life on a paradise earth, which I doubt many would refuse.

I'm off home now. See you tomorrow. Bye. :)
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:51
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> So you're saying that none of today's leaders try to strive for such
> lofty goals?
>
> The reality is, a lot of them do, but everyone has differing opinions
> on how to achieve them.

You're right in that some do, but the reason they don't achieve them is because there are too few of them to make a difference.

Also, the ones in heaven are the cream of the crop from this world. And they will have eternity to perfect their skills and knowledge as opposed to the transience of current lifetimes.
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:45
"Darkness, always"
Little Hobbo wrote:
> It is something we (at least most of us) yearn for, whereas ants
> don't. Maybe ants will live forever too though. All the ones who
> worked hardest. ;-)

In my experience, most people don't actually care. Only people who are actively religious really "yearn" to be heaven sent./
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:44
"Darkness, always"
Little Hobbo wrote:
> The difference is that all these ones would be striving for the same
> motive; to maintain a peaceful and healthy earth. There would be
> no-one up there for material gain, which is what kills most
> governments today. The good of the country is way down on their list
> of priorities.

So you're saying that none of today's leaders try to strive for such lofty goals?

The reality is, a lot of them do, but everyone has differing opinions on how to achieve them.
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:36
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> hardly. How can so many people be expected to ever reach any kind of
> unanimous decision about anything?
>
> Heaven would be a beaurocratical mess.

The difference is that all these ones would be striving for the same motive; to maintain a peaceful and healthy earth. There would be no-one up there for material gain, which is what kills most governments today. The good of the country is way down on their list of priorities.
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:33
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> So we have an afterlife because we're smarter than ants?

It is something we (at least most of us) yearn for, whereas ants don't. Maybe ants will live forever too though. All the ones who worked hardest. ;-)
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:31
"Darkness, always"
hardly. How can so many people be expected to ever reach any kind of unanimous decision about anything?

Heaven would be a beaurocratical mess.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.