GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"- Moto GP -"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/01/01 at 19:13
Regular
Anyone here getting Moto GP?? I cant wait to get this it sounds and looks great, anyway it is put down for release on 16th February!!
Fri 23/02/01 at 22:50
"High polygon count"
> The Simulation option sounds really good, and I doubt I will complete
> the game in less than a week with it turned on. Does this option
> (when turned on) allow you to do more wheelys (or is it spelt
> wheelies?)

Not really, but it does give you much more control in the corners. With the pad set to digital mode, you're obviously either at full throttle (pressed), or have the engine idling (unpressed). Switch the pad to analogue mode, though, and you can accelerate gently in the corners, avoiding wheelspin and loss of control.
Fri 23/02/01 at 21:33
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Well, I don't really agree with you ranger X. But on the other hand, if you hate watching bike racing on the TV then maybe you will hate this game too. Having said that, I don't like watching it on Tv but the game looks like a good game.

Thanks wookiee for the advice on the game. If i do buy it, will let you know my verdict. At the moment, and will give the DEMO of the game an 8/10.

The Simulation option sounds really good, and I doubt I will complete the game in less than a week with it turned on. Does this option (when turned on) allow you to do more wheelys (or is it spelt wheelies?) For some reason I like it when the front of the bike lifts into the air, and even better when you watch it on the replay. Oh, how sad am I? :P

One other thing, this game features the pressure pad right? Because sometimes I find myself going at a speed of like 30 MPH and then push hard on the X button and it revs up to 100+ MPH.
Fri 23/02/01 at 21:10
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I have just bought this game and to say I am dissapointed is an understatement, the turning is rubbish, the shadows and sponsor detail is the only good thing about the game, I think for a biking game it is a load of rubbish and to be honest one of the worst buys of the last 12 months, even behind Chu Chu Rocket! But the game does have it's good points, it looks good in the box and that is where it will stay until I can pluck up the courage to play such a game.

-R:X-
Fri 23/02/01 at 20:01
"High polygon count"
> I'm thinking of buying the
> game but people say rent it out instead because you will easily
> finish it in a night or two, is this true?

You can easily finish the game in a night or two, yes - but only in the sense that you'll finish a season.

My playing of the Moto GP has been irregular due to work. I started on the Arcade mode, and started a Season at the beginning of this week. I've played 4 times this week, and so far, I've had a 2nd place, 3rd place, another 2nd place, and a win.

I'm on the Normal difficulty setting, and I've got the Simulation option turned on; this actually makes the racing harder, as you can slip off if you accelerate too hard in corners, but it actually helps you in the long run - and when you win a race, you get a better sense of achievement

Anyway, if you have the game on Easy (where the braking zones are actually marked out in red on the track), with Sim mode off, and a decent race length, yes you could 'finish' the game in a night or two. But if you avoid the easy options, it'll last you much longer.

But then, can you ever really 'finish' a racing game? There's always records to be broken.

> PS. has anyone come
> first in the race in the demo? i have been trying for an hour now
> but only managed 3'rd.

Best I got was 2nd on the demo, but obviously having the game now, I don't play it any more!
Fri 23/02/01 at 19:37
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Sorry to bring the topic back up again, but after playing the demo of Moto GP i thought i should tell the world that its one great game! After comming 3'rd for the first time (I know 3'rd isnt too good) I watched the replay and my mate goes, "wow, it's just like watching on tv!". My best bit of the demo is when you first start of with a big wheely. Comming at a close secound is when you crash into someone and come flying of yer bike. (not fun however if you want to win the race)

I'm thinking of buying the game but people say rent it out instead because you will easily finish it in a night or two, is this true?

PS. has anyone come first in the race in the demo? i have been trying for an hour now but only managed 3'rd.
Wed 21/02/01 at 11:06
Didn't you see the bit in the manual saying that the number of tracks is effectively doubled if you tie one hand behind your back? It's a whole new skill level!
Tue 20/02/01 at 20:51
"High polygon count"
I *think* it's a bit like the Ridge Racer games, in that for completing some of the challenges you get to race the 5 tracks backwards.

Could be wrong though - maybe there are some other tracks to unlock.
Tue 20/02/01 at 20:45
Can anyone clear this one up......
I have just thumbed through the lastest PSW2 mag with the Moto GP review and it clearly states that ther are 10 tracks......have I missed something or is the mag wrong ???

:-?
Mon 19/02/01 at 21:18
Got my copy on Saturday....what a blast !!!
The sim mode is scarry if you over do it...powerslide mania
rules.

I agree the BGM is a tad naff...so I have turned right down mixed in a CD source on my Digital Amp....and hey presto Megadeth never sounded so good.
Mon 19/02/01 at 13:09
"High polygon count"
> There is one dissaponting aspect about
> the game. The simulation mode does not really work. This never have
> to be on as it doesn't spoil the game - back end slides as if it's
> on ice. Tip to over come this don't accelerate round the bends,
> keep a constant speed.

Alternatively, use the analogue buttons and accelerate lowly and steadily round the bends, easing off if the back starts to slide!

I didn't like the Simulation mode at first, but now I'm getting used to it, I'm getting faster lap times. I think this is becaue it forces you to concentrate on your acceleration round bends; with Sim mode off, I tended to 'floor it' until I drifted (knowing that I couldn't fall off), then brake to recover - adding time to the over-all lap.

In Sim mode, because you can fall off if you accelerate too hard in a bend, you're more focused and generally 'smoother' in the turns - shaving vital seconds off your lap time. Try it - see if it works for you too!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.