GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"my friends internet explorer problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/02/03 at 17:47
Regular
one of my friends has a problem with his laptop, just wondering if anyone could shed some light on what might be the problem/solution...

For the most part it works fine. He's got a 850MHz pentium 3 mobile chip, and windows 98.
His internet explorer is ok, unless you open up another window in it, at which point there is a high probability that it will freeze and will stop responding.
he uses task manager to close IE, then has to re-open a new window in it...

He's run a full virus check, came up clear. deleted a load of files in case it was a hard drive problem (it being too full or something).
It seems that only IE is affected.

Just wondering if there's anything he can do to fix it. :)
Sat 15/02/03 at 19:16
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
cheers Miserableman, I'll pass that on.
Sat 15/02/03 at 19:02
Regular
"bing bang bong"
He could try upgrading his version of IE, which may help. The problem is likely a system file that has got corrupted - Internet Explorer is integrated very tightly into Windows, and Windows 98 is about as unstable as operating systems get.

Failing that, he'll have to either reinstall, or use a different browser, like Mozilla or Opera.
Sat 15/02/03 at 17:56
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
Hello sideshow! what virus scanner has he got! because i had the same problem and my virus software was the cause of it.
Post back
Sat 15/02/03 at 17:47
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
one of my friends has a problem with his laptop, just wondering if anyone could shed some light on what might be the problem/solution...

For the most part it works fine. He's got a 850MHz pentium 3 mobile chip, and windows 98.
His internet explorer is ok, unless you open up another window in it, at which point there is a high probability that it will freeze and will stop responding.
he uses task manager to close IE, then has to re-open a new window in it...

He's run a full virus check, came up clear. deleted a load of files in case it was a hard drive problem (it being too full or something).
It seems that only IE is affected.

Just wondering if there's anything he can do to fix it. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.