GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My dad is such a faggot!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/02/03 at 20:51
Regular
So he tells me I can have a takeaway pizza for my dinner today, so I ring up and order it and we go into Romsey to pick it up along with his Chinese. He drops me in the Waitrose car park; the pizza place being just around the corner. I buy some Coke in Waitrose, pick up the pizza and walk back to the car park to wait for him with his Chinese crap. Five minutes... ten minutes... half an hour... an hour.

And then he turns up in the god damn car, saying that he was waiting for me! I was so angry!!! I was stood in the freezing cold for him for ages, my pizza getting cold and all the while he was waiting for me in the warm car by the Chinese place!!! He never told me to meet him there, and besides, I didn't know where it was. So I'm very angry now, and my pizza is cold. Grrr!
Mon 17/02/03 at 20:27
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
"Mobile phones are the bane of society."

Nah, Maths and Science are. They ruin the magic of life.
Mon 17/02/03 at 19:24
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Payphones are gradually being phased out because of the amount of mobile phones around. True.
Mon 17/02/03 at 18:33
Regular
½pint wrote:

> 1) Texting people, which costs a bomb and is utterly pointless when
> you could just ring them (what a phone's for).

Texting can come in handy though, I use it when I'm in either a noisy place, and need to send a message, or they aren't answering and I want to tell them something.

> 2) Ring tones. Really anger me. REALLY!!! I get so annoyed by
> little faggots who sit on the bus listening to monotonous chimes
> trying to make out one of the latest pop songs on it. ARGH!

THat drives me nuts as well, so my tone is just the regular Ring Ring, my wee brtoher calls me boring, and my big brother took the tone as well. Beedly Boo Boo BOO DEE doo do Bing!

Apart from that, my phone got a tenner at the beginning of January, and I still have about 9.50.
Mon 17/02/03 at 16:27
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Very true indeed, the companies must make loads.
For kids, I think it's pointless, but for business men etc., they are quite valuable.

Also, if your out driving in the midlle of nowhere, and you break down or run out of petrol, you don't need to walk for miles to the nearest AA phone/town. You just whip out your mobile.
Mon 17/02/03 at 16:23
Regular
"¬_¬"
There's nothing wrong with communication, but mobile phones aren't used primarily for that. They have three uses:

1) Texting people, which costs a bomb and is utterly pointless when you could just ring them (what a phone's for).

2) Ring tones. Really anger me. REALLY!!! I get so annoyed by little faggots who sit on the bus listening to monotonous chimes trying to make out one of the latest pop songs on it. ARGH!

3) Games. Snake is cool, fair enough, but why don't they get a decent portable gaming device? I mean, most people don't even use their mobiles to ring people.

When have you ever needed to telephone somebody and you've had no alternative (such as payphones etc.)?

They are pointless and annoying. That's why they have payphones. I tell you one thing - payphones are so much cheaper than mobile phones. When people have money on their phone, they spend it buying tacky tones and logos, and sending pointless texts to friends. You know that it's a waste of money and cannay deny it.
Mon 17/02/03 at 15:40
Regular
½pint wrote:
"Mobile phones are the bane of society."

LOL

Yeah, communication, terrible isn't it...
Mon 17/02/03 at 15:35
Regular
"That's right!"
Well, I simply assumed that you would have a mobile phone, God knows, everyone else does. Even I do, but only for emergencies... and texting lasses (only have about £2 now on it anyway, and that's from one top up almost a year ago)

And my parents have phones because over the years, my brother and sister have given them their old ones as they upgraded, just so they can get a hold of us and vice versa.

Calm down.
Sun 16/02/03 at 22:18
Regular
"¬_¬"
Because:

a) I didn't have my mobile on me. Oh wait, I forgot to mention I don't have one.

b) My dad didn't have his mobile on him. And yes, blah blah blah.

Because my family aren't a bunch of senseless idiots who believe in spending obscene amounts of money on a machine which is utterly pointless. Mobile phones are the bane of society.

Cue argument for their sake. Shut up!
Sun 16/02/03 at 19:18
Regular
"That's right!"
El Blokey wrote:
> Haha. I had Burger King tonight. And it was goooooooood.

-------

Um... are you feeling alright? You must enjoy dog food...

Anyway, half pint, why didn't you phone your dad's mobile and ask him where he was?
Sun 16/02/03 at 18:32
Regular
"¬_¬"
Oh, I had some of the pizza. And it certainly crossed my mind that he would meet me at the Chinese place, but I didn't know where it was, and knowing my luck as soon as I went off to find him he'd turn up. So I stayed put.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.