GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best footy player (past or present)?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/02/03 at 20:02
Regular
Ok, so who is the best player you have ever watched or still watch.
You know the ones who when they get the ball you just watch and wait expecting to see something amazing and then being shocked when they do something extra special.

For me it was Cantona.
Used to love watching what he could do and he seemed to give those around him extra belief in themselves.

There are many greats like Maradona, Giggs, Best who when they play well are a pleasure to watch but for me Cantona had a certain something about him.
Although he got firey at times and did stupid things when he was playing at his best I witnessed some of the best football I have ever seen.

SO who does it for you and why?
Thu 13/02/03 at 01:19
Regular
"Great Scott's"
I cannot believe that no one has said Marco Van Basten.

He would of been on the same level as Pele if had not got injured and forced to retire very early
Wed 12/02/03 at 21:43
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
> Mind you, even Pele is now resigned to doing adverts for male
> impotence...

LOL, can you imagine Beckham in 35 years doing one of those adds.
Beackham says "yes I have lost some of my ball skills both on and of the pitch, but I needn't feel like less of a man thanks to...what ever the pill is called"
Wed 12/02/03 at 21:40
Regular
Maradona.

I've lost count at the amount of times i've replayed his amazing goal against England.

The one where he took on the whole team wasnt bad either ;)

Nearly all the real greats seem to be prone to making bad decisions in their lifestyles on and off the pitch. None probably more so than Diego...Hell of a life to look back on mind...

Mind you, even Pele is now resigned to doing adverts for male impotence...
Wed 12/02/03 at 21:30
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Obvious choice, Pele. But in the more recent players I think Le Tissier and Pires. They both score a fair ammount, dribble well and can change a game on there own.
Wed 12/02/03 at 21:17
Regular
"Notable"
Pele or Recoba or Gorrincha
Wed 12/02/03 at 20:18
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Alan Shearer is a great player, and Beattie plays just like him. It will be good if he is the next Shearer.
Wed 12/02/03 at 20:15
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
may sound stupid :p

but Alan Shearer,

So many great players and hard to choose, But for me personally i see him out on top.

Then i really like James Beattie, I so happy hes made the England Sqaud at last :D Hes great in most areas like pace and headers etc.

:D
Wed 12/02/03 at 20:11
Regular
"Baros!!!"
One of my favourite players that I liked to watch was Le Tissier. He used to be magic, hitting and scoring some great goals.

Vassell has a few games where he is outstanding, he seems to be a better dribbler than Giggs sometimes.

But the best player in the world was Pele. I have only seen him on videos and looked to be an amazing player and was involved in one of the best goals ever seen.
Wed 12/02/03 at 20:02
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Ok, so who is the best player you have ever watched or still watch.
You know the ones who when they get the ball you just watch and wait expecting to see something amazing and then being shocked when they do something extra special.

For me it was Cantona.
Used to love watching what he could do and he seemed to give those around him extra belief in themselves.

There are many greats like Maradona, Giggs, Best who when they play well are a pleasure to watch but for me Cantona had a certain something about him.
Although he got firey at times and did stupid things when he was playing at his best I witnessed some of the best football I have ever seen.

SO who does it for you and why?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.