GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best footy player (past or present)?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/02/03 at 20:02
Regular
Ok, so who is the best player you have ever watched or still watch.
You know the ones who when they get the ball you just watch and wait expecting to see something amazing and then being shocked when they do something extra special.

For me it was Cantona.
Used to love watching what he could do and he seemed to give those around him extra belief in themselves.

There are many greats like Maradona, Giggs, Best who when they play well are a pleasure to watch but for me Cantona had a certain something about him.
Although he got firey at times and did stupid things when he was playing at his best I witnessed some of the best football I have ever seen.

SO who does it for you and why?
Fri 14/02/03 at 12:57
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It's got to be Eric Cantona for me, too.
I grew-up watching the guy play for Man United, and he's probably the one player that's inspired me to be the "skillfull" player of "trickery" I can be at times with the ball at my feet down the park, or somewhere.

He was an exceptional talent, and I don't think we'll see anyone like him for another 20-years at-least. I doubt that even his son (Raphael, I believe) is going to be anywhere near as good as him.
Seeing him act just isn't the same. But even with his size, it's still great to watch him play Beach Soccer. He's the only reason I ever (once) started watching it.

However, it was Peter Schmeichel who inspired me to play in-goal at a very young age, and even though I am a terrible 'keeper (when and IF I do play in-goal), I still try to play like him; making myself very-big and all. But I'm just not THAT big!
He's son, Kasper, could well be the next "Schmeichel", as he's been taught everything from the "Great Dane", and both United and City have been interested in him, in the past. I think I read somewhere that City nabbed-'im though...
Fri 14/02/03 at 12:33
Regular
"Aka Hammond"
Cantona.
Fri 14/02/03 at 12:26
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Best was the best; he had miss world's like fat kids have ice creams, he gambled loads and drunk like oliver reed.

A role model to us all I think, an ambassador for all that is good about football and the fact he still is going out with a fit lass speaks volumes about his staying power.
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Maradonna or Pele.

Both are footballing geniuses.
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:59
Regular
Pele.
Thu 13/02/03 at 15:45
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Best used to play the ball off the oppositions shins, dribble past them, then dribble back again, he was the **** take king.
Thu 13/02/03 at 12:46
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Maradona has got to be the greatest ever.

He made taking the **** out of people a sport in itself.
Thu 13/02/03 at 11:47
"Darth Vader 3442321"
George Best. He was awesome.
Thu 13/02/03 at 10:43
"Darkness, always"
I think in time people could say things about Rooney. Don't get me wrong, he has a long way to go, but his first touch is superb, and he has great vision.

Give it a few years, and defenders will feel the fear of God every time he gets the ball.

Shame he'll waste his club career at Everton...
Thu 13/02/03 at 08:18
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
For me the best footballer would have to be the brazillian Romario, his goal scoring ability was just second to none.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.