GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best footy player (past or present)?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/02/03 at 20:02
Regular
Ok, so who is the best player you have ever watched or still watch.
You know the ones who when they get the ball you just watch and wait expecting to see something amazing and then being shocked when they do something extra special.

For me it was Cantona.
Used to love watching what he could do and he seemed to give those around him extra belief in themselves.

There are many greats like Maradona, Giggs, Best who when they play well are a pleasure to watch but for me Cantona had a certain something about him.
Although he got firey at times and did stupid things when he was playing at his best I witnessed some of the best football I have ever seen.

SO who does it for you and why?
Wed 19/02/03 at 10:49
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Azul wrote:
>Kenny Dalgleish

I wanted to add Kenny. Thanks for spelling it for me.
Wed 19/02/03 at 10:36
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
Insane Bartender wrote:
>
> Shame he'll waste his club career at Everton...

Everton are the best.
Tue 18/02/03 at 23:31
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I think what made Cantona great for me was he made others around him play well too. He could find the ideal pass and change a game as soon as he gets a touch on the ball.

I just wonder if so many of Man Utds young stars would have come so far without playing alongside them...

Other greats seemed to play well as individual players. Picking a best is really a hard thing to do. Just love watching so many of the old goals and todays goals and seeing so much talent.
Sun 16/02/03 at 13:22
Regular
Best football player, eh? Well, the best UK based played in my eyes was Sparky, Mark Hughes. True legend. :c)
Sat 15/02/03 at 17:02
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Ah cheers, knew it was something like that
Sat 15/02/03 at 16:38
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Azul wrote:
>Pablo(?) Cudicini,

Carlo Cudicini

My picks would be:

Goalie - Either the great dane Peter Schemichel or maybe Gordon Banks just if for anything *that* save. However, overall and for just being such a dominant figure in goal it has to be the great dane.

Defender - Franco Baresi would be my pick here. Just a rock in the defence and always dependable.

Midfielder - As it'd be too much of a hassle to pick a forward if he was up there i'm going to pick Maradona as my favourite midfielder. He was just amazingly skillfull and ignoring the controversies he has to be one of the best ever to play the game.

Forward - Who else but Pele? the main man. His records speak for himself. He was just so lethal infront of goal, give him a quarter of a chance and he'd spank it in the onion bag. The only other person who comes close to him for me is Marco Van Basten. Just a shame his career got cut short so soon.
Sat 15/02/03 at 16:15
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
There's too many to choose from, so I'll split 'em into a few category's.

Best Defender: Has to be Colin Henry. Absolutely brilliant defender, it was a shame the overeactant San Marinian player finished his career in such a bad way.

Midfielders: I think Maradonna played midfield when he scored the wonder goal of skinning the whole team, so he goes here. Genius player, even the simplest of passes seemed to be magic. A true hero of football.

Up-Front: Well, Pele. What can I say. Also, George Best was just amazing, and it's good to see him recovering well. Also, Romario was great. A few Scots were World Class too, Dennis Law, Kenny Dalgleish to name a couple.

Keeper: A hard one, but, Peter Schmeichel when he was at his best. He flew through the air. Great. Of now, it definetely has to be Oliver Kahn. He truly is fantastic, my fave keeper of all time. In the Premiership, it'd be either Pablo(?) Cudicini, or Brad Friedel.
Sat 15/02/03 at 14:22
Regular
"Yum, Pedigree Chum"
I'd say definatley Pele for all his amazing goals or Gordan Banks for all his amazing saves
Fri 14/02/03 at 20:43
Regular
"Max Power"
well the footballer that i think the best is:
In england: Micheal owen the goal againts argentina did it for me.
In the world: Pèle well what can i say.
Fri 14/02/03 at 20:16
Regular
"Colourless"
Franco Zola

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.