GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Look at this"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/02/03 at 16:36
Regular
Can someone please tell me which of these two cards are the best for value, now i know the most expensive one is better but is it worth extra dosh for it. im looking for a a pci graphics card as i dont have any agp slots my self.
Wed 12/02/03 at 22:45
Regular
The Geforce 4 MX hmmmm not that bad but still not as good as a normal Ti if you are really on budget i would get a geforce 3ti.... of any flavour tbh but thats if you have a AGP slot and u can find these cards nowadays...
Wed 12/02/03 at 22:43
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
But I think the 420s with DDR are only 64 bit so still offer the same bandwidth as the 128 bit SDR, but it looks nicer on the box. Could be wrong though...
Wed 12/02/03 at 22:39
Regular
The gainward one is DDR so it's pretty good and has tv out, but is only a 420 so has lower clock speed then the mx440SE, the 440SE does not have tv out but is slighlty better.

c.b.
Wed 12/02/03 at 21:52
Regular
Maybe but gonna cost alot and most games won't use it's power anyway....
Wed 12/02/03 at 21:48
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Persn'ly I'm getting a GF FX soon after they're released. Probably the Chaintek one with the bl00 LEDs, unless Leadtek come up with a better offering.
Wed 12/02/03 at 21:23
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Fair enough then, the MX440 PCI for £61 is your best bet, if you don't want to spend £80 or whatever on a Radeon 9000 PCI.

If you want gods honest truth they are all rubbish, even in low detail they will all struggle due to PCI bandwidth, I personally wouldn't settle for anything less than my trusty Radeon 8500 (pushes more than 60fps in all my games easily) although I should be getting a Geforce 4 Ti4400 or 4600 when the prices come down as the FX is released.
Wed 12/02/03 at 21:17
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
well it confuses me when one person says its good and then the next person says its crap! dont buy it! would i have to buy a new case tho if i bought that motherboard, i only have 3 slots in my case for pci slots.
Wed 12/02/03 at 21:16
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
P4_MAN wrote:
> why would you be worried.

You might damage something!!

EXPENSIVE!!!

You would already know this if you had read the post properly.
Wed 12/02/03 at 21:15
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
P4_MAN wrote:
> why shouldnt i be picking them.

Because you get confused by people suggesting several diferent graphics cards and don't seem to understand how the MX440 is superior because of its DDR RAM offering 6.4GB/s bandwidth as opposed to MX420 only having 2.7GB/s and how the radeon 9000 is better because it has DirectX8 hardware support etc.......

Basically you are getting confused about choices VERY easily, what age are you anyway....
Wed 12/02/03 at 21:14
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
why would you be worried.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.