GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I am in luuurrrrvvve!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/09/05 at 11:36
"High polygon count"
Oh you sexy beast!

Sexy, slender, sleek and black.

Like Halle Berry, only sexier, slenderer, sleeker, and... well... blacker!

And not a dead pixie in sight.

Now if only Amazon had sent my games yesterday, I'd be playing with it all day long. As it is, I'll just have to set it up for Wi-Fi.

It's on charge at the moment, as the battery level is too low to perform the firmware update. So I'll give it a quick polish and apply the screen protector, then put in the dust covers I bought from Lik Sang.

It was sent Special Delivery, despite what the Game website said. Arrived about 10:30, well packed and in perfect condition. The postman barely escaped with his life, as I nearly took his arm off snatching the parcel from him. He kept pestering me for a signature, and so left with a pen where his eye used to be! :-p
Thu 01/09/05 at 20:15
"High polygon count"
I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say...

?!?!? HUH ?!?!?
Thu 01/09/05 at 20:03
Regular
Bah whatever happened to plug and play.. phhoooey etc
Thu 01/09/05 at 20:01
"High polygon count"
or†ega wrote:
> They've changed it to "usually dispatched within 24 hours"
> now!

Well, that's just firkin typical, ain't it!

Never mind, I'm not changing it again.
Thu 01/09/05 at 19:58
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Amazon had a despatch time for Ridge Racer as "within 1 to 2
> weeks" !!!

They've changed it to "usually dispatched within 24 hours" now!
Thu 01/09/05 at 19:38
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'm very impressed with the PSP. Mainly bought it for the new GTA, but I bought Ridge Racer and THUG2 to keep me amused till then.
Thu 01/09/05 at 18:03
Regular
"Touched!"
Bullett wrote:
> Oh, and TOCA is great - as far as I can tell, it's a direct port of
> the console versions, so you'll know what to expect if you've played
> them.

Give me more impressions on Toca when you can mate, sounds like one to get, was drooling over Burnout Legends in Woolies today, not out until mid-sep though :( Does Toca 2 have a dedicated online mode? I could have sworn I heard someone say it did. 12 players is impressive though, how is the framerate?
Thu 01/09/05 at 17:51
"High polygon count"
Amazon had a despatch time for Ridge Racer as "within 1 to 2 weeks" !!!

I just cancelled my all-in-one order with them and re-ordered from several sources.

I placed 2 seperate orders with Amazon for Ridge Racer and Mercury, so at least I should get Mercury through without the wait.

I ordered Virtua Tennis from TheHut, and Lumines from PowerPlayDirect.

Total cost: £104.86 - about £15 cheaper than getting them all from Amazon. Or SR for that matter!

:-)
Thu 01/09/05 at 13:30
Regular
Im not all that interested in the emulation of old systems either. As a matter of fact, the only game and emu ive got is Metal Slug on the Neo Geo CD.

Theres tons of other stuff for 1.5, which is way better than 2.0. Basically it can do everything 2.0 can, plus more. Apart from that atrac thing you just mentioned, but im not fussy.. i'll just stick to mp3s.

Plus you could be playing the state of the art games off a 1.5, without paying for them.

[S](Piracy is baaaad, mkayy.)[/S]
Thu 01/09/05 at 13:17
Regular
I wasn't interested in the emulation either.

2.0 added WPA support so my home network is more secure, and the AVC video codec so DVD rips can look just like UMD movies do, just running off of my Memory Stick.

You also need 2.0 for the PSP to support atrac3 and atrac3plus files running from a Memory Stick Pro Duo, not a Memory Stick Duo. If you can tell the difference.

There's loads of other updates I wanted too. IGN had a full list somewhere.
Thu 01/09/05 at 13:13
"High polygon count"
Bonus wrote:
> Because Amazon haven't dispatched yours yet ;).

Well, valid point! :-)

But no, I can't say I'm particularly interested in the emulation side of things. If I'd been that interested in GBA games and the like, I'd have bought the required console. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.