GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who needs a PSP"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/09/05 at 15:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
While most of you waited for the shiny PSP to drop through the letterbox and break meaning you'd have to wait a bit longer while you get a replacement :-D a nice shiny copy of Winning Eleven 9 dropped through mine.

A whole weekend of glorious soccer ball action awaits (well editing the japanese anyway :-D), in the words of Frank Lampard, *we lav it*
Fri 02/09/05 at 15:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
While most of you waited for the shiny PSP to drop through the letterbox and break meaning you'd have to wait a bit longer while you get a replacement :-D a nice shiny copy of Winning Eleven 9 dropped through mine.

A whole weekend of glorious soccer ball action awaits (well editing the japanese anyway :-D), in the words of Frank Lampard, *we lav it*
Fri 02/09/05 at 16:17
Regular
I think WE9 is out on PSP in 2 weeks...
Fri 02/09/05 at 16:21
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
curses foiled again by that little black thing, ah well got it two weeks before, ha!! *scurries off and edits some more japanese*
Fri 02/09/05 at 16:25
Regular
"es argh"
I got WE9 and patched it 2 weeks agfo.

It is immense.

But the game is incredibly broken up by fouls, master league hasn't changed in the slightest and through balls have been ruined as well as lobs.

Overall it is amazing and the new middle-shoot ability has me and Stevie G/Lamps/Defoe spanking them in from 40 yards out.
Fri 02/09/05 at 16:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Where did you go to get it patched? Don't feel like another week's worth of editing like i did for WE8.

I was slightly worried when in the first 10 minutes all i did was brush up on the player and a foul was called however it seemed to be fine from there, only a couple of fouls called that were actually called. Plus really in the modern age of football only the slightest touch brings a foul so i guess it's a bit realistic.

Already scored my first screamer with Ze Roberto, poor old Robinson had no chance, flew right into the top corner
Fri 02/09/05 at 16:42
Regular
"es argh"
[URL]http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=184[/URL]

All of the latest patches will be posted there, you may have to register.

I currently have the Sunjun 1.0 Beta but I also got the option file from it so most of the kits were corrected, so if you dont have a way of transferring ps2 data saves from PC to memory card then you may be a tad stuffed with that one.

The 2.5 WEAmerica one also looks pretty decent.

And on the fouls, yes, eventually a small part of you will die and you will get used to it.
Fri 02/09/05 at 16:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Cheers

Just played another game and there were a few more fouls in this one, only a couple that i really shook my head at and asked *WTF?!* but then i got a penalty from Rio after a body check on Ronaldo so yay :-D

Already noticing nice little stuff like accidentally stepping on the ball and stumbling and it seems more fluid than WE8, can string a load of one touch passing about the place with lots of nice flicks rather than having to take a touch and then pass. Absolutely carved open the England defence with a nice one two between Ronaldo and Kaka where Kaka knocked it to Ronny, spun off the defender and hammered the ball home in his stride from a nice flick pass from Ronaldo.

Couple of free kicks went right into the wall so i may have to work on them :-D
Fri 02/09/05 at 17:29
Regular
"Mozzy"
When is the european release coming out? I want!
Fri 02/09/05 at 17:50
Regular
"Touched!"
Have they "sorted" the free kicks out? ie will I have a chance in hell of scoring one this time? I sucked on Pro Evo 4.
Fri 02/09/05 at 19:17
Regular
"Mozzy"
Yeh, to this day im still trying to score a freekick. I think it's impossible, I even tried scoring while play on 1 star and still couldn't score.

I watched this PES5 movie the other day and the commentary sounded EXACTLY the same, it doesn't seem like they've changed it much, they even use the same words and stuff.

I bloody hate Trevor.

I heard FIFA 06 has the ITV commentators now.

Even if it hasn't changed much, im still gonna get PES5 regardless.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.