GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who needs a PSP"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/09/05 at 15:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
While most of you waited for the shiny PSP to drop through the letterbox and break meaning you'd have to wait a bit longer while you get a replacement :-D a nice shiny copy of Winning Eleven 9 dropped through mine.

A whole weekend of glorious soccer ball action awaits (well editing the japanese anyway :-D), in the words of Frank Lampard, *we lav it*
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I've never bothered with it and still winning games comfortably
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:11
Regular
"Mozzy"
I never used to do that often, was it important?
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:02
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Do you still have to do loads of training things every week in the master league?
Mon 05/09/05 at 15:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I quite like the menu music on WE9.
Mon 05/09/05 at 15:37
Regular
"Mozzy"
Well, they cant exactly make any major changes to PES4, it was almost perfect.

One thing i'd have liked them to do was improve the menu music and commentary.

But they haven't done that. :(

Still buying it though! :D
Mon 05/09/05 at 15:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Pretty much a tarted up WE8. Only new mode i can see is the Nippon Challenge where you have to take Japan to world cup glory but other than that it's pretty much similar. Obviously the gameplay's been tarted up, players look more realistic, more teams with a few more licences and the usual small tweaks but nothing major.
Mon 05/09/05 at 10:46
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Kaw, can you list the differences between WE9 and WE8? Is it worth getting or will I be just buying a tarted up WE8?
Sun 04/09/05 at 02:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Kawada wrote:
> Geez has the Master League gotten harder since WE8 or have i just
> forgotten how to play? My players seem to all be alot slower than the
> opposition and my usual carving the defence open with slick passing
> doesn't seem to work anymore as my attackers have two guys on them
> within milliseconds.

Well the transfer window has helped a bit as i've managed to pick up Rooney so at least i've got one player who runs faster than a constipated snail and is a goal threat. One my first game with him 2-0 so things are looking good
Sat 03/09/05 at 19:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Before the summer activity i think as Carroll is still at United, No Park Ji-Sung either. They're the only club team i've gotten round to editing so far. Vieira is still at Arsenal as well, just edited them

Will probably be updated for PES5, i think it was last time, though i may be wrong
Sat 03/09/05 at 18:17
Regular
"Mozzy"
Can you tell how up to date it is? Will PES5 be more up to date eg. Owen will be playing for Newcastle?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.