GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"6.12ghz!!!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/02/03 at 17:59
Regular
if youve got one thousand pounds,upgrade your pc to this

Dual processor( 2 processors can be used( cant spell it)
2xPentium 4 3.06 ghz
512mb ddr ram( for efficency between the two)

Thats one mega system there!

6.12ghz!!!
Tue 04/02/03 at 18:53
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
That thing does my head in :D

I didn't know you did discrete maths, Venom. I've just sat the D1 AS module.
Tue 04/02/03 at 18:33
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Examples include factorising extremely large
> numbers. Hands up all those who know the consequences of this.

I'm thinking that would be encryption down the pan for a start.

On the plus side, quantum computers would make the travelling salesman problem tractable, so it's all swings and roundabout...
Tue 04/02/03 at 17:31
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> Moores law dictates that avery 1 year the amount of transisters per
> square inch on a single cpu will double and the speed will double
> every 18 months so if thats true then in 2 years we will have at least
> a 6 gig cpu, although moores law will come to a head when cpu
> manafacturers can't print the printed circuits on the silicon wafer as
> it will be smaller than a light beem, IBM have come up with a way to
> use light to run a cpu this would be great as it will not make any
> heat and speed will be massive, Intels Pentium 5 "Prescott"
> should be out this year. I think that Pc's are going to change the
> way they work rapidly and in the next 10 - 20 years it will be
> completely differant.

Not entirely true, they have developed computers which run on a variety of quantum particles, the easiest to use of which is light, but not strictly limited to. Also, they are not incredibly fast, they just do things in a different way, so simulations that may take years on a classical computer can be done in a few seconds on even the slowest quantum computer. Examples include factorising extremely large numbers. Hands up all those who know the consequences of this.

However, it DOES work both ways, and in some circumstances a classical computer should kick the pants off even a quick quantum computer.
Tue 04/02/03 at 16:14
"Darkness, always"
Smashed wrote:
> go bum your console

Best post ever
Tue 04/02/03 at 12:26
Regular
Moores law dictates that avery 1 year the amount of transisters per square inch on a single cpu will double and the speed will double every 18 months so if thats true then in 2 years we will have at least a 6 gig cpu, although moores law will come to a head when cpu manafacturers can't print the printed circuits on the silicon wafer as it will be smaller than a light beem, IBM have come up with a way to use light to run a cpu this would be great as it will not make any heat and speed will be massive, Intels Pentium 5 "Prescott" should be out this year. I think that Pc's are going to change the way they work rapidly and in the next 10 - 20 years it will be completely differant.

Well thats my 10 cents anyway.

c.b.
Tue 04/02/03 at 02:38
Unless your doing serious multi tasking duel processors are a waste of space and can cause lots of problems with many new games as they are not supported and you only get a slight performance increase no-where near double (in some cases it can slow because of software code written for single processor commands)

And unless you have a resonable system e.g. a decent motherbaord that supports overclocking and the cooling to help dont bother doing it as most good motherboards these days already come with overclocking bios support.
Mon 03/02/03 at 22:29
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
go bum your console
Mon 03/02/03 at 22:20
Regular
Ur weird..
Mon 03/02/03 at 21:43
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
sorry about all this stuff im posting

But i ordered a cd rewriter from sr on sunday night,first class,shud i receive it in the morning and how will it be posted,it wont fit threw the box
Mon 03/02/03 at 21:41
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
everything gets smaller and smaller ,phones,tv`s , anything made with chips really
but does any one think that smaller pcs would be of any use

I persoanly dont, now a days,a good solid futre lasting pc is large for all its upgrading stuff

MY brother got this pc 3 years ago,maybe 4

Pentium 2
4gb
350mhz
seperate sound and graphics card (not built in)
3 expansion slots
5 pci slots
3 agp slots(dont know why)

And as crap as it sounds
I can put an extra 2 hard drives in(it supports it)
an extra fan space

Its at least twice the size of my pc, yet after all its old age,it has windows xp on it now, and only 128mb ram,a bit slow,but nowt difrent to my brother in laws pentium 4 1.7 ghz 512 ram one

Sorry,its a lot to read

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.