GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"6.12ghz!!!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/02/03 at 17:59
Regular
if youve got one thousand pounds,upgrade your pc to this

Dual processor( 2 processors can be used( cant spell it)
2xPentium 4 3.06 ghz
512mb ddr ram( for efficency between the two)

Thats one mega system there!

6.12ghz!!!
Wed 05/02/03 at 00:11
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
its late
Tue 04/02/03 at 23:49
Regular
Instead of posting loads of stuff about it, it would be easier for you to just type it into google.

c.b.
Tue 04/02/03 at 23:29
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
How do you do it? (over clock)
Tue 04/02/03 at 22:23
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Moores law cannot continue forever, for just as the classical chip design will eventually run up against the physical limitations of silicon, so quantum computing will run up against the physical limitations of the universe. I think it's around 2080 or 2180 (one of the two) that Moores Law has to break down.
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:56
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I've got a watch...

:cs
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Smashed wrote:
> Does anyone know how to over clock here!

I do, as does Fifi, AMDman and a few others. It's easy.
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:08
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Smashed wrote:
> go bum your console
>
>
>
> Best post ever

I dint know what else to put

Lets see if html works on sr VISIT!
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:06
OK stay with me on this one ill try and explain it as best I can without loosing too many of you.

Computers use 1's and 0's to make calculations work.(binary)

Light is measured as a wavelength. Different colours have different wavelengths. Current silicon etching is done with a certain colour that can only reach a certain mimimum size (smaller is better) e.g. 1.3 µm or whatever is better than 1.9 µm silicon etched the light frequency is measured in nm and they are currently fast approaching the smallest they can set the laser frequency. Moores law is already being broken as we speak which states the doubling of transistor frequency every so long, and if silicon etching reaches a certain minimum size it cant go any smaller because the electrons that make up the power source for the logic gates actually damage the gates themselves (the gates are the etchings made(nothing to do with bill)). So in this example light is used to make the gates but silicon has a finite size to the gates. The gates in this example are 'on' or 'off' (1's and 0's)

Quantum computers work on a much different principle.

The Heisenberg uncertantity principle states that on a quantum level any observation of a partical changes the properties of that partical therefore you cant know the position and energy state of the partical at the same time. Basically quantum particals are so small anything we use to measure them is usually the same size or bigger and gives the object more energy which stops us from knowing exactly whats going on cos our measuring devices change it.

Quantum computers work on Qbits groups of 4 bits of information because particals this sice can contain 4 different characteristics there 'spin' both ways if you like and up and down. This is what makes quantum computing the golden egg because like a chess board unlike adding up every square or particle added the information able to be encoded quadruples e.g either up, down, left spin, right spin instead of 'on' 'off' this means that a small 4 atom computer has 4 bits of info per atom and any combination of all four atoms plus a combintaion of 2 per atom (atoms can spin one way and be up or down).

You still here?

OK so far quantum computers that have been built(and they have) cant measure directly this up down spin but do it indirectly making them much less efficient so quantum computing is out for near future. I wont explain how they do it or I'll be here all night sorz but for those who want to find out more look up quantum entaglement.

Light chips mentioned earlier are nothing more than a fast bus speed what they do is use a light source as a 1 or 0 by being on or off but they cant do without the silicon chip substrate to work so basically they are an addition not a new replacement, they just communitcate info from the chip to the board wires extremely fast.

Hope this makes things a little more clearer.
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:05
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
Does anyone know how to over clock here!
Tue 04/02/03 at 19:37
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I've done bits and pieces of it. I didn't take further maths at A-level, but I did learn some of it for the S-level paper at the end of year 13. Besides that, I've also touched on it in the logic modules in my degree course (which is Computer Science, though I suspect you already knew or guessed that).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.