GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Archer Maclean's Mercury (PSP) - you need this game."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Archer Maclean's Mercury'.
Wed 07/09/05 at 15:56
"High polygon count"
Marble Madness meets Super Monkey Ball, with bells on.

Some levels are an out-and-out race; some levels require great care and concentration; some levels require tasks to be performed; but all are against the clock, and the 'boss' levels are a mix of all three styles.

72 levels in total, plus multi-player.

A simple concept, beautifully executed.

Frustrating and rewarding in equal measure, and as addictive as hell.

Better, in my humble opinion, than Lumines.
Fri 09/09/05 at 13:31
Regular
Bullett wrote:
> Bonus, Virtua Tennis is really good. Yeah it's been on umpteen
> consoles beforehand, but it just works so well on the PSP.

Yep, and I've owned three versions including a free version I got on my mobile phone.

I refuse to pay £30 for something I've paid full price for twice before with very little new worth buying it for. I'm already fairly good at the game so it will hardly be a challenge.

I'd rather spend the money on something I don't have on any other console. Quite fancy NBA Street as a game which might be worth owning on a handheld console, never seen the point of it on a full console, but thoroughly enjoye playing it when my brother borrowed it.
Fri 09/09/05 at 08:01
Regular
Also, I am so confused now. I thought Monkey With Attitude had (whilst I was away) changed name to monkey man. Turns out they are two seperate people, so now, well, as I said, I'm confused.
Fri 09/09/05 at 08:01
Regular
kukgv wrote:
> You really couldnt.
>
> ITS A [removed] GAME.

You do understand personal opinion though yes? Games like Grand Theft Auto and Gran Turismo are widely regarded as "excellent games" and have consistently received high review scores. However, there will always be those people who don't like them. Those people aren't stupid, they just don't happen to like those games.

In the case of Mercury, the review scores were pretty good - over 8/10 average for a puzzle game is an excellent score and those scores are given by people who know what they're talking about and have played a huge variety of games on many consoles (and properly play tested them rather than dipping in for 10 minutes). On top of that, Wookiee Monster whose opinion is trusted by many on these forums (for a start he's a notable) has given the game his recommendation.

There will be people on the internet with similar feelings about the game and if Wookiee Monster chose to sell the game on e-bay, there would undoubtedly be potential buyers. Those people are not wrong, they just have a different opinion to you.

In summary, you think the game is bad and you are perfectly entitled to that opinion, but don't try and enforce that on other people, just state it as your own perspective and allow other people to enjoy a game they like.
Fri 09/09/05 at 07:36
"Uzi Lover"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> No, I got it for £25 and could probably sell it on eBay for
> £30.

Yep thats how much they are going for on ebay.

And I nearly bought it for £20. But, I didnt and won't be now I don't think.
Fri 09/09/05 at 06:45
Regular
Bonus, Virtua Tennis is really good. Yeah it's been on umpteen consoles beforehand, but it just works so well on the PSP.

I'd recommend it.
Fri 09/09/05 at 02:04
"High polygon count"
Whatever.
Thu 08/09/05 at 20:27
Regular
You really couldnt.

ITS A CRAP GAME.
Thu 08/09/05 at 15:23
"High polygon count"
No, I got it for £25 and could probably sell it on eBay for £30.
Thu 08/09/05 at 15:21
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> No, if it was crap, I'd sell it on eBay and make a fiver on what I
> paid for it.

You got it for free then?

Youd be a conman if you did sell it.
Wed 07/09/05 at 23:13
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Face it matt, you're a gayby.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.