GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Arguement disproving free will."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/01/03 at 21:50
Regular
Role play.

You choose between coke and fanta. You choose coke. You drink it for five minutes.

If you went back in time five minutes and everything was exactly the same. There is no way you could of chose anything else. No choice= No free will. Everything affects everything.

Think about it.
Wed 05/02/03 at 17:48
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Damn straight it will!
Sun 02/02/03 at 22:18
And I thought string theory and quantum mechanics was hard. Maybe this coke/fanta paradox will find world peace
Sun 02/02/03 at 12:02
But you'd be too high on caffeine to care.

And on the orphans subject, yes they are below humans. Thats why they get gruel everyday and become chimney sweeps. Yes indeed, i work hard for my 'tuppence.
Fri 31/01/03 at 23:04
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Good point, well made.

Depends how long you wait into the future. If you wait long enough, they'll have invented anti-tooth decay teeth, but you'll be thirsty by then.

It's a lose-lose situation.
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:55
Regular
"Selected"
Jonman wrote:
> But what if the future you went back again? Future future (in the past
> twice) you would get thirsty.

well not really since if your in the future going back...then back again, you must have already had a drink of coke (if not two times?). I'd be more worried about tooth decay.
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:43
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
mikelar wrote:
> your wrong Sacrosanct. If you went back in time then you'd just be
> watching yourself drinking coke. Then the future you can grab the
> fanta and high five yourself. I saw it on Back to the Future.

But what if the future you went back again? Future future (in the past twice) you would get thirsty.
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:40
Regular
"Selected"
your wrong Sacrosanct. If you went back in time then you'd just be watching yourself drinking coke. Then the future you can grab the fanta and high five yourself. I saw it on Back to the Future.
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:32
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
No offense, but rubbish.

What about orphans, eh? How does Oedipus and Freud apply to them? Eh? Are they therefore not conscious?

Incidentally, here's a link to a game on a friend's site where you can arm-wrestle Freud. Dunno how old you are, but if you're old enough to remember Daley Thompson games, you'll love this...

http://www.matazone.co.uk/arm_wrestling_freud.html

It's as fun as philosophy.
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:28
Human conciousness is complicated, but in the end it all runs down to the odeppyeous theory or whatever by freud.
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:23
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
True, but I'm arguing my side of the debate by pointing out the flaws in your assumptions, which is what I thought you were supposed to do in a debate.

And universe doesn't = vacuum, there's an invisible soup of quantum particles wazzing it all around the place. Or so I'm reliably informed.

Anyway, the experiment inside the vacuum is all very good for simple first and second order systems, but human consciousness is a bit more a complex beast, I'm sure you'll have to agree.

And anyway, if you put me into a vacuum, I'd be more concerned with my insides being ouside than with which tasty carbonated beverage to quaff. Now THAT'S free will for you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.