GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Surely a winner?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Outfit'.
Thu 08/09/05 at 11:29
Regular
The Outfit:
[URL]http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/648/648782p1.html[/URL]

Destructable Environments.
Destruction on Demand.

Its Mercenaries but in WWII.

*Drools*
Thu 08/09/05 at 13:50
Regular
Calm down Hedfix.
Thu 08/09/05 at 13:51
Regular
"8==="
*Shrugs*
Thu 08/09/05 at 13:54
Regular
It's got nothing to do with the rights and wrongs of war itself but using it to milk money out of people and turning it into franchised games.
Thu 08/09/05 at 13:56
Regular
"8==="
It was before you added the second sentence in the edit.
Thu 08/09/05 at 15:13
Regular
Yeah, I wasn't sure if you'd got that point from earlier or not, so I edited it in :-).
Thu 08/09/05 at 15:16
Regular
"8==="
It's kind of difficult to get 'the point' when it's not actually been written in the post you're reading.
Thu 08/09/05 at 15:18
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> Do we really need more World War 2 games flooding the market and
> glorifying an era which saw millions killed, persecuted and treated
> like mere animals?
>
> I doubt it.

Simple really.
Thu 08/09/05 at 15:20
Regular
"8==="
Then you wrote:

Bonus wrote:
> Other than the fact that the game glorifies war and demeans the
> life-threatening job soldiers in the field have to carry out.

Lesson: Don't widen your argument unless you can back it up.

Simple really.
Thu 08/09/05 at 15:25
Regular
I'm not interested in your stupid remarks and thinking you know what you're talking about.

I can't be @rsed annoyed arguing about something as fundamental as whether or not the lives and deaths of innocent soldiers sent into battle should be glorified and the severe risk to their lives belittled by capitalist games companies such as EA etc. hoping to make a quick buck off of the climate of war we find ourselves in.

If you have a problem with that, go blow a goat, I don't care. Any teenager styled personal retort will be met with the dignified silence it deserves.
Thu 08/09/05 at 15:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yes we do need more WWII games that glorify war and death and smashed Nazis.
I'd buy a game called "Kill all Nazis" simply for the title - but when I get awesome goodness like in Call of Duty, Brothers in Arms, Hidden & Dangerous 2 and Allied Assault (from Normandy to the snow-levels only) then that's even better.

More. More GI slaughter games please.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.