GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"upgrading ME to XP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/01/03 at 21:32
Regular
Hello there, a quick question to the far more intelligent people.

If I download the XP home upgrade, will all my documents, mp3s and games remain intact or will they be deleted?

sorry for the simple question but I'm stoopid.

Thanks in advance! : )
Thu 30/01/03 at 20:31
Regular
"keep your receipt"
dude the home upgrade is alot of money! It's like £90!
Thu 30/01/03 at 16:50
Regular
§n][pe® wrote:
> upgrading from 98 is pants.....

Lucky he is upgrading from ME then aint it sniper lol :P
Thu 30/01/03 at 16:41
Regular
upgrading from 98 is pants.....
Thu 30/01/03 at 16:24
Regular
"relocated"
A clean install is better anyway. Just back up all your docs, save games and mp3s beforehand, and reinstall your software. Alternatively stick everything you want to keep on a seperate partition - but back-up anything you really want to keep as a precaution.

You should buy XP anyway; an upgrade really isn't that expensive, especially considering that it is a much, much better OS than anything Microsoft have come up with before. The only acceptable thing to pirate is Photoshop (and other ridiculously overpriced apps) if you are a poor student or a small and curious child.
Thu 30/01/03 at 15:42
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
mess wrote:
> my plan was to download XP off Kazaa and install it.

In that case....I hope it all goes horribly wrong and you lose all your files! I wouldn't trust a downloaded copy of XP off of Kazaa as far as I could throw ten ton weight.

Go and buy an upgrade or the full version!
Thu 30/01/03 at 14:42
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Buy the copy, don't go admitting things like that on here, you'll get banned!

For an OS, you need to buy it, if anything goes wrong then you're stuffed if you downloaded it, you'll also have the problem of not having a unique CD key which could mean that you won't be able to download any patches...

Buy it, don't be a pikey git!
Thu 30/01/03 at 14:40
Regular
"keep your receipt"
my plan was to download XP off Kazaa and install it. I just want to make sure that the installation will retain all my files.
Wed 29/01/03 at 21:37
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Download, do you mean install?

If you mean install is your Hard Drive partitioned? ie have you got a C drive and a D drive with all your documents and mp3s etc on the D drive?

If that's the case then your ok because you can get XP to install onto your C drive and all your documents wont be wiped clean.

If this isn't the case then your going to have to back them all up (to be on the safe side) and then install XP over the top.

Either that or get a program called Partition Magic and partition your hard drive and move all your documents onto the new drive.
Wed 29/01/03 at 21:32
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Hello there, a quick question to the far more intelligent people.

If I download the XP home upgrade, will all my documents, mp3s and games remain intact or will they be deleted?

sorry for the simple question but I'm stoopid.

Thanks in advance! : )

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.