GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"upgrading ME to XP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/01/03 at 21:32
Regular
Hello there, a quick question to the far more intelligent people.

If I download the XP home upgrade, will all my documents, mp3s and games remain intact or will they be deleted?

sorry for the simple question but I'm stoopid.

Thanks in advance! : )
Sun 02/02/03 at 21:59
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I got a retail copy of Windows XP full version still sealed for £80.

Bargain.

Unfortunately, it was from a computer fair, and the bloke doesn't have any more.
Sun 02/02/03 at 14:18
Regular
"relocated"
I didn't think there was a student license for XP, at least not one available in Europe. I'm not even sure that you can get Visual Studio on a student license anymore. Gits.
Sun 02/02/03 at 11:39
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
IIRC the student version is significantly cheaper, but I don't know where from.
Sun 02/02/03 at 10:01
Regular
"keep your receipt"
ok I've decided it would be far easier (and legal) to just buy the upgrade. It's on SR for £87, but does anyone know if it comes with a student discount?
Fri 31/01/03 at 14:21
Regular
"relocated"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Yeah, but there are ways round it ;-)

Sssshhhh!
Fri 31/01/03 at 07:54
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Craw wrote:
> Just dont upgrade to Service Pack 1 though cos Microsoft are aware of
> all the dodgy keys out there and have included fixes to lock you out
> of XP if one is found on there.

Yeah, but there are ways round it ;-)
Thu 30/01/03 at 22:53
Regular
Bill gates is a imbercile anyway..... not everything will make him money.
Thu 30/01/03 at 22:50
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Just dont upgrade to Service Pack 1 though cos Microsoft are aware of all the dodgy keys out there and have included fixes to lock you out of XP if one is found on there.
Thu 30/01/03 at 22:46
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Why is upgrading from 98 so bad?

I've got 98 and I was thinking about upgrading...

Shouldn't I?
Thu 30/01/03 at 22:32
Well get anything except ME cos ME is the devils work and should be exorcised as soon as possible.

And I would get a new copy or stick with what you have. Also bare in mind a lot of software doesnt work on XP at all or without patches so be warned.

And why are you upgrading? Check your reasons for it are viable before taking the risk and hassle of an upgrade, other than that XP is basically windows for kids cos it is just so easy for some things

Good luck and I hope Bil Gates doesnt use this forum :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.