GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Okay...That Hurt."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/01/03 at 18:42
Regular
Around 70 minutes into a school football match in the absolute freezing cold, I turn around to run upfield...and then the back of my legs start hurting. Probably strained them or something, so I sat down and it got worse. Pretty bad now. And then worse, and worse...and even worse, until I was screaming in pain. The muscles in the back of my legs were twisting unbelievably, although one was worse than the other.

The Head Of PE (the ref) told me it was probably cramp, and to go inside. It still really hurt, and I was waiting for him to tell someone to help me off. He just carried on. I was applauded off, which was nice, until the unbelievable pain I had in my right lef changed to my left, which I was hopping on. I fell over at the side of the pitch in agony. I had to be carried into changing rooms, and then carried home. :D

Couple of hours later now and I can't walk, I've probably strained the muscles too. Pain is centred around the hamstring area, just below the knee, and if I put any weight on the right one especially it flares up and I have to sit down again. They ache constantly too.

I'm not sure what to do, I've been lucky with injuries throughout my life and this is probably nothing, but I've never had cramp like this before. Do I rest it? Try to walk around? I've had a bath but it didn't do much.

Oh yeah, we lost 5-2 as well. But the conditions were crap, and we're playing them again next week so I can get some revenge...or get cramp again, you never know.

Just thought I'd share that with you all, and any kind of advice is appreciated. {:)
Wed 29/01/03 at 18:42
Regular
"I like cheese"
Around 70 minutes into a school football match in the absolute freezing cold, I turn around to run upfield...and then the back of my legs start hurting. Probably strained them or something, so I sat down and it got worse. Pretty bad now. And then worse, and worse...and even worse, until I was screaming in pain. The muscles in the back of my legs were twisting unbelievably, although one was worse than the other.

The Head Of PE (the ref) told me it was probably cramp, and to go inside. It still really hurt, and I was waiting for him to tell someone to help me off. He just carried on. I was applauded off, which was nice, until the unbelievable pain I had in my right lef changed to my left, which I was hopping on. I fell over at the side of the pitch in agony. I had to be carried into changing rooms, and then carried home. :D

Couple of hours later now and I can't walk, I've probably strained the muscles too. Pain is centred around the hamstring area, just below the knee, and if I put any weight on the right one especially it flares up and I have to sit down again. They ache constantly too.

I'm not sure what to do, I've been lucky with injuries throughout my life and this is probably nothing, but I've never had cramp like this before. Do I rest it? Try to walk around? I've had a bath but it didn't do much.

Oh yeah, we lost 5-2 as well. But the conditions were crap, and we're playing them again next week so I can get some revenge...or get cramp again, you never know.

Just thought I'd share that with you all, and any kind of advice is appreciated. {:)
Wed 29/01/03 at 18:45
Regular
I'd say rest. It doesnt sound like cramp if you still have it. You have probably strained a muscle and i'm sorry to say that will take quite a few days to get better. Not sure what else to say.
Wed 29/01/03 at 18:48
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I hacked someone in a football game once (not a serious game, just one at lunchtime) and because it was a kinda crap hack it bent my knee a bit. It only hurt a bit at first, and then went away, but as Lunch finished it started hurting more, and by the time I got home from school my knee was kinda swollen. Which meant I hobbled around for about a week after. That knee cap still feels different to the other one on my other leg (I can move the actual knee cap around with my hand more than I can the other, which looks kinda wierd...)

Anyway. I have no advice. I just thought I'd tell you an interesting story... :D

Maybe you should go see a doctor. I didn't but then I really couldn't be bothered to walk up there... then again I doubt you could either... :D
Wed 29/01/03 at 18:49
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yeah, I think I've strained muscles to go with it. Might get me a couple of days off school. {:)
Wed 29/01/03 at 20:33
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It won't be cramp... only lasts a bit.

Have fun off school
Wed 29/01/03 at 20:53
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Haha!

Hey look at that out the window..

*Whack!*

heh heh heh. Erm, dunno mate. Shout at it.

*Mutters* Wimp..

;o)
Wed 29/01/03 at 20:56
Regular
"I like cheese"
GasMask wrote:
> *Mutters* Wimp..
>
> ;o)

"Oh Ant, will you read my review!? Pllleeeaassseee read it, do you think it will win? You're always right Ant, pwease read it Ant, pwease!"

:D
Wed 29/01/03 at 21:26
"slightlyshortertagl"
Rest it. And as soon as you feel you can in the slightest bit walk on it.. do it. Don't leae it for too long or else it'll buggêr up.
Wed 29/01/03 at 22:37
Regular
"One More Chance"
Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but those legs are gonna have to come off.

*Pulls out blunt junior hacksaw*
Wed 29/01/03 at 23:14
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Yeah, you have to jump really high to get rid of it, my err mate told me like......?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.