GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Predictions on Super Smash Bros. Melee2 for the revolution?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Smash Bros. Brawl'.
Sun 11/09/05 at 17:36
"Your darling mother"
Before I begin talking about this I have to say that I'm a little ashamed talking about how much I play SSBM for Gamecube. That and Halo2 is all I ever actually do at home, but that's still one to many games in comparison to any other girl I've seen. Maybe some girls occasionally play a game, but I love these. I actually even joined a tournament and got third place in Lan Party Domain(would of scored higher if the lv chosen for the semi finals wasn't Flatzone-_-).

Allright, I'll start with the damn topic already=/

Since the Revolution promises to not charge for online play I know that ALL the fans of the first one will buy the Revolution and pick up SSB immediately. What do you guys think they'll make the online play like? Just a standard beat em up tournament style? Remember that nintendo likes to be different=/

The only characters that I really think will be added to the new game are Captian Olimar(Pikimin), Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and Wario. State your opinion on that, but that's what I really think. They'll probably be around 10 new characters though(possibly more).

Off topic, I play as Peach(1st), Yoshi(2nd), and Jigglypuff(3rd) in the first one. Debate on how one of them sucks and we'll just see once SSBM online comes out.=/
Thu 13/10/05 at 19:00
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Someone put an idea into Nintendo Offical Magazine (or one of em) about a retro smash bros. You know, with original pixel versions of characters.

Sounds good for GBA or DS. Ninty?
Wed 12/10/05 at 10:22
Regular
"-born from an egg-"
Personally I see/ hope that they will bring SSMB to DS, it has the graphics to handle it, even if they simplify it a little. Also imagine the wireless battles with your pals across the room and having a touch screen to play with too, even if there isnt much use for it, it could be used as a map, or like the c-stick in SSMB GC to execute smash attacks.

I just think that if they pushed for it for the DS then they would get good results- especiall as the DS is due to get online soon.
Sun 18/09/05 at 19:49
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Wigglytuff > Jigglypuff.

Ninty?
Sun 18/09/05 at 18:27
"Your darling mother"
Rai wrote:
> This may sound like a newbie question, considering I've had the game
> since the day it came out, but if you use Luigi and press Up + B in
> close quarters of an enemy, does it still rock their world?

Yes, but I've learned it doesn't kill as early as Jiggles Rest. I've killed a Bowser CPU at 50% whereas Luigi's UpB doesn't.

His random FowardB KO does though-_-
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:28
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Mourning My Wings wrote:
> I only use DownB when the person does a move that leaves then open for
> it, even for a brief second, otherwise the price you pay is being left
> wide open yourself while you see cute little Jigglypuff taking a nap
> in a battlefield.

It's true, the nap leaves you open, but in one-on-one fight, if Rest hits then Jigglypuff rests peacefully, while the enemy goes flying into the horizon.

Jigglypuff is my personal choice for the final event match, considering it's hard to press B and Down without kicking Giga Bowser where it hurts.

Plus, a lot of amateur players don't know about Rest - they see Jiggles as a weak character that only makes people go to sleep. In the original, Rest wasn't that useful.

This may sound like a newbie question, considering I've had the game since the day it came out, but if you use Luigi and press Up + B in close quarters of an enemy, does it still rock their world?
Sun 18/09/05 at 04:55
Regular
"8==="
I want to play a Koopa and a Piranha plant that walks.
Sun 18/09/05 at 04:48
"Your darling mother"
I only use DownB when the person does a move that leaves then open for it, even for a brief second, otherwise the price you pay is being left wide open yourself while you see cute little Jigglypuff taking a nap in a battlefield.
Sun 18/09/05 at 02:16
Regular
Jigglypuff = Down + B

You win!!
Sat 17/09/05 at 23:05
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Mourning My Wings wrote:
> It's blatant that you've never met up with a Jigglypuff player before.
> Try her out and master her and you'll be quite surprised.

For a fact, Jigglypuff is my most used character, followed by Pika, then Mario.

Although I think Pichu's a pretty good character, if you can get skull bash lined up.

I've only ever played as Peach twice - once to unlock Marth, and once because I was being crazy.
Sat 17/09/05 at 21:07
Regular
They should put that in the new zelda.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.