GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Psu's....."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/01/03 at 20:50
Regular
How cheap can stand alone PSU's be?
I'll have to look around cos the PSU fan atm is about to die.... would save the other components in the pc aswell sicne they are still working if i replaced it, cos i think there's a pc guru when i go round a family mates house that could fit it for me...
Tue 28/01/03 at 01:26
Regular
§n][peŽ wrote:
> Yep its true..... its working better i think some dust is stuck in
> there but i aint got compressed air.... :S i jsut tested blowing into
> it.. nothing wrong in doing that .. but yea its dust luckily.
> The reason i doubt it now is it is still working!

Sounds stupid blowing into it.... but i just wanted it to stop making bloody noises.... gonna order some compressed air from office world online since the nearests one is miles away :S
Tue 28/01/03 at 01:18
Regular
Miserableman wrote:
> §n][peŽ wrote:
> how the feck can i clean a PSU fan o.O
> And also i dont have solder... if i touch one of those capacitors
> well.
>
>
> You can get cans of pressurised air for about a fiver which do a good
> job of getting all sorts of dust and crud out of heatsinks and other
> places. Your fan will make a hell of a racket when you turn it on
> afterwards, as there will invariably be a bit of fluff caught
> somewhere you can't see - if it does this, give it another sustained
> blast into the fan (when it's running), that should free it.

Hmmm so once i have a can of compressed air i should turn off the comp and blow it into the PSU fan.... then if it makes a racket do it again.
Tue 28/01/03 at 01:12
Regular
Yep its true..... its working better i think some dust is stuck in there but i aint got compressed air.... :S i jsut tested blowing into it.. nothing wrong in doing that .. but yea its dust luckily.
The reason i doubt it now is it is still working!
Tue 28/01/03 at 00:54
Regular
I doubt my fan is dieing.. probably just dust o.O
Tue 28/01/03 at 00:50
Regular
"bing bang bong"
§n][peŽ wrote:
> how the feck can i clean a PSU fan o.O
> And also i dont have solder... if i touch one of those capacitors
> well.

You can get cans of pressurised air for about a fiver which do a good job of getting all sorts of dust and crud out of heatsinks and other places. Your fan will make a hell of a racket when you turn it on afterwards, as there will invariably be a bit of fluff caught somewhere you can't see - if it does this, give it another sustained blast into the fan (when it's running), that should free it.
Tue 28/01/03 at 00:21
Regular
Actually smeg to actually getting a new PSU.... im gonna get a new comp in march. Seems to be working fine!
Mon 27/01/03 at 22:45
Regular
AMD_MAN wrote:
> PSU = POWER SUPPLY UNIT.
>
> How do you know your PSU fan is going to die, it might just need a
> good clean, or as turbo said why not replace it with a nice coloured
> one or a quiete one.
>
> c.b.

Also its seems to be snarling somtimes for some reason.... but its still working o.O
Mon 27/01/03 at 22:45
Regular
how the feck can i clean a PSU fan o.O
And also i dont have solder... if i touch one of those capacitors well.
Mon 27/01/03 at 22:11
Regular
PSU = POWER SUPPLY UNIT.

How do you know your PSU fan is going to die, it might just need a good clean, or as turbo said why not replace it with a nice coloured one or a quiete one.

c.b.
Mon 27/01/03 at 21:50
Regular
Cool so i think i have 250.... 300 W atm... and im getting a 350 Watt b4 weekend mind u i'll still be around.. even tho the PSU fan is being a biatch

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.