GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quick Question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/01/03 at 23:49
Regular
Okay, just thinking.

Tony Martin (was that his name, bloke that shot a pikey that tried to rob him, still in prison?)

So we don't have the right to defend our own property.

BUT every one of us has a duty to be vigilant to protect the country from the terrorist threat?

I wonder how many of our armed forces that are going out to fight for their country will find themselves in a spot of bother in the future when they decide to smash a burglar in the head when they're trying to run off with their kids games console...?
Sat 25/01/03 at 14:50
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Stryke wrote:
> People have sued coffee companies over
> the fact that they burnt themselves on the coffee. As a result coffee
> cups must now carry "Warning: Contents may be hot".

Try reading up on these things before poking fun, huh? There had been more than one hundred complaints the week of the first major case of this instance saying that the coffee was too hot. The machine was broken and was at about 200 degrees faranheit. She had it in the cupholder, it spilt and gave her second degree burns. It was a perfectly legitimate case. Snopes.com has a whole page on it.
Sat 25/01/03 at 14:11
Regular
Witty :)
Sat 25/01/03 at 13:37
Regular
"Excommunicated"
right wing git u are
Sat 25/01/03 at 13:23
Regular
The guy is totally in the right. No way should he be in prison. The 'compensation culture' that is slowly coming over here from America is the worst humanity trait ever. People have sued coffee companies over the fact that they burnt themselves on the coffee. As a result coffee cups must now carry "Warning: Contents may be hot". Truck drivers have sued McDonalds over the fact that their food has caused the drivers to suffer from coronary heart disease. Pitiful.

I reckon the death penalty reintroduction will sort stuff like this. Honestly.

And I await comments like "right wing gimp u are" e.t.c.
Sat 25/01/03 at 13:14
Regular
"I like cheese"
My plan, if a robber breaks into his house, and if I get the chance, is to knock him out by smacking him over the head with my sizeable cricket bat.

But would I get done for that?

I think it's an extremely stupid law, even if you shoot the robber. After all, what if they have a gun too? If they get hurt then it's their own fault for breaking into MY house in the first place.
Sat 25/01/03 at 10:07
Regular
"Excommunicated"
The guy was a bit of a nutcase

I was in two minds about it. I hate the American way of life... a burglar breaks his foot by droping the television he is stealing... he then sues the owner for a couple of grand. Such a thing is absurd and its a disgrace.

Errrr I think you should be able to defend yourself in your own home... but this guy was running out the house when he was caught yet the man still shot him. If the burglar was running at him with a knife then yes but I'm afraid he should be in prison.
Sat 25/01/03 at 09:42
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
VenomByte wrote:
> He shot the robber in the back as he was trying to flee out of the
> window in terror. That was totally uncalled for. He SHOULD be in
> prison.

What about a 'crime of passion'? The fella was probably scared to his wit's end, and in fear of his life. The adrenalin would have been flowing like an lady's teapot.
Sat 25/01/03 at 09:38
Regular
"smile, it's free"
He shot the robber in the back as he was trying to flee out of the window in terror. That was totally uncalled for. He SHOULD be in prison.
Sat 25/01/03 at 09:06
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
cookie monster wrote:
> There was nothing wrong with the grammer in my post.

'grammar'
Sat 25/01/03 at 03:20
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Other than that I totally support what he did.

Nope, sounds ok to me. Ran it through Word and it didnt think it was wrong.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.