GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quick Question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/01/03 at 23:49
Regular
Okay, just thinking.

Tony Martin (was that his name, bloke that shot a pikey that tried to rob him, still in prison?)

So we don't have the right to defend our own property.

BUT every one of us has a duty to be vigilant to protect the country from the terrorist threat?

I wonder how many of our armed forces that are going out to fight for their country will find themselves in a spot of bother in the future when they decide to smash a burglar in the head when they're trying to run off with their kids games console...?
Tue 28/01/03 at 19:04
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
Shooting that fella was a bit out of order
he should have just smacked him one with gun

or make a citizens arrest

remember this
it takes a little man to use a gun but a big man not to

lol best i could come up with
Tue 28/01/03 at 12:44
"But shooting a terrified 15 year old kid in the back should not be ignored by any court of law, just because they were burgling his house. Criminals "

Yeeeeeahhh, but he wasnt THAT terrified to break into somones gaff in the first place.
Mon 27/01/03 at 11:04
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
A little of the topic again (sorry Meka).
Reading the paper today on the train to uni.

Scottish farmer was jailed for 5 years for boobie trapping his farm due to many break ins which resulted in animals being killed and buildings and vehicles being set alight.
So he rigs up some traps, one on the barn is a loaded gun to go of on a forced entry.

So pikey breaks in and gets shot in the hand.
He has been awarded £30,000 and the farmer is serving a sentence for atempted murder.

Pikey says something along the lines of the money will see him right for a few years...

Now I can't see any sense in this. No wonder we can't afford to pay the firemen, NHS, education etc if we are paying money out to bloomin' criminals and locking away farmers for trying to protect their way of life from pikeys.

Something is seriously wrong with the criminal system in this country.
Very wrong!
Sun 26/01/03 at 00:35
Regular
"not dead"
I reckon that any lawyer worth his salt (I don't understand that phrase, and am only using it because I'm home alone and a wee bit tipsy) would have been able to get a manslaughter verdict.

I mean he panicked,and fired, killing the thieving pikey.

But the point of the thread wasn't Tony martin, as interesting a subject as it is, but the fact that we're expected to be 'vigilant' to protect our country from the threat of terrorism (ie spy on Asians with beards) yet we haven't been given the right to defend our own homes.

So protecting country = good, protecting home = bad.

That no make sense to my brain.
Sat 25/01/03 at 22:43
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
The Tony Martin case is certainly an interesting, though tragic one.

If you look at the hard, cold facts and don't just listen to what Richard Littlejohn tells you, then perhaps it's easier to form your opinion.

Tony Martin was repeatedly burgled by a gang of youths on a number of separate occasions, why they weren't found and locked up is beyond me. Around the 5th or 6th time he got burgled, Martin went downstairs and confronted the burglars with a shotgun. When the burglars fled in terror, Martin shot 15 year old Fred Barras as he was climbing OUT of the window to escape. He wasn't running at him with a knife, he wasn't threatening Martin's life. Barras died almost immediately, while his partner was shot in the thigh as he was running away.

Now, I am not on the burglar's side in any way, but what Tony Martin did was murder someone. Yes, his house was being broken into and in some ways I believe that once someone has entered your house unlawfully, what you do to them doesn't strictly apply to the law. But shooting a terrified 15 year old kid in the back should not be ignored by any court of law, just because they were burgling his house. Criminals like that deserve to be locked up and have the key thrown away, but they don't deserve to be killed.

Its since been discovered that Martin is mentally unstable, with apparently the mentality of a 10 year old child. There's two questions to ask, should he be in a mental hospital and not a prison, and how did he get hold a shotgun?

Damn, I had loads of interesting points to talk about in this thread, but I lost my train of thought. To sum up, he was put in a horrible situation that I myself wouldn't know how I'd react, but what he did was murder, no matter which way you look at it. But one thing's for sure, that lowdown scumbag who's trying to sue Martin for shooting him deserves to be locked up forever - if anything comes of that claim, THEN you'll have to start worrying.
Sat 25/01/03 at 17:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I don't support him at all but the guy that is planning to sue should be locked up
Sat 25/01/03 at 17:18
http://www.tonymartinsupportgroup.org/
Sat 25/01/03 at 17:16
Tony Martin was/is an eccentric old dude, who kept himself to himself in his rundown house which was located in a remote area.

His house had been broken into over 5 times before, so there wasnt anything left to steal. However these two men drove all the way out there to nick anything that was left.

One of the men, he killed. He shot the other man in the thigh, but he still managed to get away. He is now sueing Tony Martin. Justice?

A mans home is his castle.
Sat 25/01/03 at 17:08
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
What happened to the kid he shot?

Did he stand trial or get charged with being in the guys house?
Did they do anything in the house?

i remember hearing about it but didn't follow it in any detail. Anyone got the info on it?
Sat 25/01/03 at 14:55
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
http://www.snopes.com/legal/lawsuits.asp#coffee

There.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.