GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half-life 2: Aftermath and Lost Coast"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half life 2'.
Fri 16/09/05 at 00:53
Regular
"Captain to you."
[URL]http://valve.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3143168[/URL] some of you will know it all already but it gives some good information and a 5 minute video from the developers.
Fri 04/11/05 at 10:37
Regular
"the burning sky"
Damn you, I still cant download it :(
Fri 04/11/05 at 10:22
Regular
"Huh?"
Eau D’Half Life

Lost Coast is just the briefest hint of Half Life 2, like the fleeting perfume of an ex-girlfriend. You'd forgotten how good it smelled, how different on her than on anyone else, then it’s gone. It makes you feel all Gordon Freeman for a few minutes, luxuriating in past glories, when the two of you were inseparable, then you’re reminded that’s all over now. You’ve moved on. She’s said the faithful words. We can be just friends. But there was the hint, even as your time in City 17 came to an end, that “maybe, some day in the future, you know…things change…”

Lost Coast is that time. Just enough to let you know what you’re missing. The sights and sounds are the same but subtly different. She’s as beautiful as she always was, more so if you have the eyes to see (not to mention the RAM and GFX card). You stroll on the beach, amongst the quaint fishing boats and odd locals, then a hillside ramble and a quick look around town, finally you spend a little romantic time in the gorgeous old church. It's there that you fall in love all over again.

The sound of her, those little noises, those hums and squeaks, only she makes…it’s enough to send a shiver down your spine all over again. But you look at her. How is she so subtly altered in the time you were apart? Where has HL been? Who has she been getting Steamed up with?

Best not to think about that. Enjoy the short sliver of time you have with her before you are parted again. Maybe there will be other times, an Aftermath maybe? But you can’t rely on that. For now luxuriate in this chance meeting on the Lost Coast, a holiday fling, for old time’s sake. Then go your separate ways. Still in love, but free to see other people.
Sat 29/10/05 at 11:50
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Chippxero wrote:
> It really is something you have to play or at least see a uber quality
> video of.

the technology is superb. I love the Riddick style commentary too.
Sat 29/10/05 at 11:31
Regular
"the burning sky"
Well I managed to log into Steam, but it's just plain refusing to update any of the games...

Edit: The new Steam interface is goddamn awful...
Fri 28/10/05 at 20:21
Regular
"-_-"
Well downloaded it on my pc connected to the internet
(pentium 4 2ghz, a gig of ram, god awful geforce 2 64mb graphics card)
It looked, applaing, really really bad. And it didnt support HDR. Well worth the download :|

Then i decided to bring my new pc down
(amd 64 3200, gig of ram, Radeon X850)
It looks beautiful :'(
Fri 28/10/05 at 15:16
Regular
"Captain to you."
It really is something you have to play or at least see a uber quality video of.
Fri 28/10/05 at 14:41
Regular
Chips pictures don't do it justice at all. If you stand in the church for 10 minutes or so the HDR really kicks into effect.

In the mean time you can pish about with all the ceiling decorations ^^
Fri 28/10/05 at 14:08
Regular
"the burning sky"
It might just be worth paying for a proper http tunnel...
Fri 28/10/05 at 13:50
Regular
"Captain to you."
Go to a technican and explain that

Tomm - steam = fire.
Fri 28/10/05 at 13:48
Regular
"the burning sky"
Still cant log into Steam here, i'm using some forwarding, but it just keeps updating all the time...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.