GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout Revenge"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout Revenge'.
Wed 21/09/05 at 21:05
Regular
"Mozzy"
I dont have an Xbox but I know a few of you in here are getting Burnout Revenge so I just wanted to know what you think of it (obviously you haven't got it yet, but some of you will get it tommorow/Friday).

Getting some money on the weekend and im thinking about getting this for me PS2.
Fri 23/09/05 at 18:48
Regular
"8==="
You're not getting a 360 for a bit so I reckon you should treat yourself. ;)
Fri 23/09/05 at 17:55
Regular
Urrrrrrrrrrr

You b'sterds are making me want the game now and Asda's only a minute up the road....

MUST RESIST!
Fri 23/09/05 at 17:13
Regular
Think I may have to get this then.
Fri 23/09/05 at 17:09
Regular
"8==="
This is quality, they've implemented the battling in a much better way this time around - stuff lap times, that's what Forza's for.

I'm 21% in, level 6 on the revenge meter thing and I've been playing for just under 3h 30mins.

Bloody excellent game.

Could be the new Rush thanks to the crazy multiple routes in the races, haven't taken it online yet so I'll have to wait and see.
Fri 23/09/05 at 13:49
"I love yo... lamp."
If you never had it then you'll enjoy it.

It's like Rainbow Six 3 and Black Arrow. If you have one you don't need the other - you get a sense of deja vu playing it. I think Burnout 2 was the best of the series despite the lack of online play, if only because it was still focused on racing.
Fri 23/09/05 at 13:46
Regular
Ah, well I never had Burnout 3, so I won't be comparing it all the time.
Fri 23/09/05 at 13:39
"I love yo... lamp."
Having played it at a couple of Xbox LAN parties I thought it was already out. It's ok, although has a more gritty look to it than Burnout 3. It does however feel like Burnout 3, where the racing at times feels secondary to the crashes. I might buy it at some point, but it really didn't feel like anything new.
Fri 23/09/05 at 09:56
Regular
"8==="
Yeah it's more about combat, they've implemented an ELO system to improve multiplayer and the crash mode's not a joke this time around.
Fri 23/09/05 at 09:34
Regular
"BOSE"
I'm SO very tempted to buy this game. Trailer looks sweeter than the first I think. My driving lessons are going great. I feel like treating myself. I have Far Cry Instincts on pre-order (brother paid for that as a present when he came over to see us)but I love Burnout takedown. I imagine this one will be better. Hmmmmm!?
Fri 23/09/05 at 08:10
Regular
"8==="
Had a look at the promo boxes yesterday and it appears they've re-instated custom soundtracks. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.