GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Klose?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/01/03 at 15:34
Regular
Man United may be on the verge of signing Klose?

I'll give him credit for his goals in the World Cup but give me a break he's not good enough to play along side Van Nistelrooy.

C'mon Alex buy someone like Kluivert!
Wed 15/01/03 at 12:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Colourless wrote:
> Rooney is called 'wonderkid' because he is still a 'kid' and scores
> amazing goals, i.e. Vs Arsenal. Wow Forlan can tap the ball in to an
> empty net when the keeper *cough DUDEK cough* lets the ball go through
> his legs!

He's scored one great goal that being the Arsenal one. Personally there was nothing better than that for me then Diego's goal against Southampton. The way the ball just dipped down was amazing. As i said if Fergie gives Forlan a chance and doesn't replace him with Solksjaer even after Forlan scores 4 in 3 games then perhaps we may see his true class emerge through
Wed 15/01/03 at 12:09
Regular
Saviola would be nice, quite shocked that Caniggia was in the World cup squad ahead of him. But he became the worlds most expensive teenager when Barca signed him for £20M+ It would take a ludicrous amount of money to sign him.
Tue 14/01/03 at 17:09
Regular
"Colourless"
Rooney is called 'wonderkid' because he is still a 'kid' and scores amazing goals, i.e. Vs Arsenal. Wow Forlan can tap the ball in to an empty net when the keeper *cough DUDEK cough* lets the ball go through his legs! Although he has added to his tally SLIGHTLY I still don't rate him.

I will now wait till he proves me wrong by scoring consistently.
Tue 14/01/03 at 16:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'm getting really sick and tired of all these people bad mouthing Forlan and laughing at how it took 34 games to score a goal, however lets look at it in context.

Forlan did not play FOR 34 games before scoring he played IN 34 games. There's a difference

He was usually brought on 10 minutes before the end when the match was won and United were barely bothering to attack, if he doesn't have chances he can't score.

OR

Ferguson in all his wisdom decides Forlan is suddenly a right winger and so shoves him there while playing Paul Scholes, an actual midfielder, upfront with Ruud. Good sense there Fergie.

OR

The very rare occasion he gets played upfront from the start however to my recollection this only happened twice.

Now if you add up all the minutes that's probably around 10 games worth. 10 games to score in after moving from South America where the football is totally different is quite good actually plus the fact he stuck 2 away against the Scousers which if that's all he ever does now will still earn him a place in all of the United supporters hearts.
Lets compare that to say 'Wonderkid' Wayne Rooney who has only managed to score 5 goals in 25 games. Now why is he praised to god like status while Forlan who actually has a better goal tally is laughed at? Maybe it's cause he's from South America i don't know but give him a season to settle down and if Fergie actually gives him a decent chance in the 1st team then we should see the old Independiante Forlan.
Tue 14/01/03 at 16:16
Regular
""
I still think Rooney's the best and Luke Rodgers!
Tue 14/01/03 at 16:15
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> And if people want a young striker in the mix, forget Kluivert, and
> think instead of young Saviola, his team-mate. Only 20 years young i
> believe, and a massive talent.
>
> He's the guy who nobody recognised on the Eric "Little less
> conversation" Cantona Nike advert.

I have to say i've been watching Saviola play this season and he's what the squirrels collect (he's the nuts!)

Althought it'd take a pretty penny to get him one would think!
Tue 14/01/03 at 16:06
"Darkness, always"
Firstly, Forlan is more often than not played in an advanced midfield role, and more often than not, played as a substitute. 8 goals from that isn't an unimpressive result.

And if people want a young striker in the mix, forget Kluivert, and think instead of young Saviola, his team-mate. Only 20 years young i believe, and a massive talent.

He's the guy who nobody recognised on the Eric "Little less conversation" Cantona Nike advert.
Tue 14/01/03 at 15:47
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Or†ega wrote:
> Marshie wrote:
>
> El Hadji Diouf - Has bearly played this season
>
>
> Diouf has played in 17 games this season and scored only 2 goals. And
> he cost a few million more than Forlan.

My apologies,

And if he cost more than Forlan....Fergie got a bargin!

Although i have to say it would be nice to see a youngster come through the ranks into the United squad as a striker. Richardson is breaking through but is more of a midfielder, and if you look at the players that Man Utd have had/got:

Paul Wheatcroft
Danny Webber
Eric Nevland
Mads Timm

To name a few...it'd be nice to see them get a chance of playing upfront with Van the Man.
Tue 14/01/03 at 15:40
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Forlan has been on the bench a lot since he arrived and still only tends to find himself in the team now and again, a bit like Ole a few seasons ago, he has also played a lot in the 'withdrawn' role and has found himself on the wing at times, for a young player from a completely different origin and style of football - the learning process will be slower than most but he has done well this season and scored some very vital goals and he will continue to learn, I think it's a good idea to invest into good young players and develop them as long as they aren't expected to perform miracles.
Tue 14/01/03 at 15:16
Regular
Marshie wrote:

> El Hadji Diouf - Has bearly played this season

Diouf has played in 17 games this season and scored only 2 goals. And he cost a few million more than Forlan.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.