GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Klose?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/01/03 at 15:34
Regular
Man United may be on the verge of signing Klose?

I'll give him credit for his goals in the World Cup but give me a break he's not good enough to play along side Van Nistelrooy.

C'mon Alex buy someone like Kluivert!
Mon 13/01/03 at 15:34
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Man United may be on the verge of signing Klose?

I'll give him credit for his goals in the World Cup but give me a break he's not good enough to play along side Van Nistelrooy.

C'mon Alex buy someone like Kluivert!
Mon 13/01/03 at 20:50
What are you on about mate. For a start, Barcelona would be slightly reluctant to sell their best striker, and secondly, you telling me that Forlan is good enough to play alonside Van Nistelrooy? You must be having a laugh mate, Forlan was a waste of money, at least with Klose, United may get a good deal on a striker that can actually finish.
Mon 13/01/03 at 20:59
In my opinion Klose is really bad. And, although Solskjaer gets put on left wing and stuff, he'd be good up front. And Scholes ain't doing to badly either. If he has to buy a striker I'd say ... Andrei Shevchenko. I mean he bought an injured van Nistelrooy, didn't he?
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:07
Be realistic mate, Shevchenko won't move to United, and at the moment, Klose seems to be the only real signing United may be able to get to partner Van Nistelrooy. Scholes isn't playing badly, but he simply isn't a striker.
Tue 14/01/03 at 08:20
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Hunky Funky Monkey wrote:
> What are you on about mate. For a start, Barcelona would be slightly
> reluctant to sell their best striker, and secondly, you telling me
> that Forlan is good enough to play alonside Van Nistelrooy? You must
> be having a laugh mate, Forlan was a waste of money, at least with
> Klose, United may get a good deal on a striker that can actually
> finish.

Did i mention Forlan? I'm sure i didn't...but as you bought him up anyway, I've never seen £7.5m flushed down the toilet as quickly as it did when Alex bought him. As for Barcelona, I think your forgetting the fact that they already have 4 top strikers and with roumours that they are trying to buy Hasselbaink, Kluivert will move further down the pecking order. So they would be willing to sell a striker who's already their THIRD chioce yeah.
Tue 14/01/03 at 13:03
"Darkness, always"
Why do people insist on putting down Forlan? The man has scored 8 goals so far this season! That's more than:

Robert Pires
Dennis Bergkamp
Francis Jeffers
El Hadji Diouf
Emile Heskey
Sean Goater
Teddy Sheringham
Les Ferdinand

and dozens of other players I can't be bothered to mention.

Yet still, all I hear is "forlan is crap". You people must all be somewhat dim. Just because he isn't the premierships top scorer, you think he's pants. By that same definition, Henry and Van Nistelrooy aren't much cop either.

Stupidity.
Tue 14/01/03 at 13:44
Regular
Exactly.

Forlan became a legend in my mind when he sunk the Scousers at Anfield with his double strike.

And you only have to look at his winner against Southampton to see he can he can really hit a ball. Not to mention his class strike in the world cup.
Tue 14/01/03 at 15:00
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Why do people insist on putting down Forlan? The man has scored 8
> goals so far this season! That's more than:
>
> Robert Pires
> Dennis Bergkamp
> Francis Jeffers
> El Hadji Diouf
> Emile Heskey
> Sean Goater
> Teddy Sheringham
> Les Ferdinand
>

Lets look at the players you've mentioned:

Robert Pires - Is a midfielder
Dennis Bergkamp - Has been out injured
Francis Jeffers - He's played what, 3, 4 games so far this season!
El Hadji Diouf - Has bearly played this season
Emile Heskey - Not first choice - has played more at left midfield
Sean Goater - Has again played only a few games this season
Teddy Sheringham - I'll give you that one
Les Ferdinand - Has he even played this seaon? Rotting in the reserves

The point I was trying to make is that Manchester United create a lot of chances in most games, and Forlan hasn't been finishing as well as someone playing for one of the biggest clubs in Europe should be
Tue 14/01/03 at 15:16
Regular
Marshie wrote:

> El Hadji Diouf - Has bearly played this season

Diouf has played in 17 games this season and scored only 2 goals. And he cost a few million more than Forlan.
Tue 14/01/03 at 15:40
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Forlan has been on the bench a lot since he arrived and still only tends to find himself in the team now and again, a bit like Ole a few seasons ago, he has also played a lot in the 'withdrawn' role and has found himself on the wing at times, for a young player from a completely different origin and style of football - the learning process will be slower than most but he has done well this season and scored some very vital goals and he will continue to learn, I think it's a good idea to invest into good young players and develop them as long as they aren't expected to perform miracles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.