GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reading?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/01/03 at 15:42
Regular
Sorry if people were fooled into this topic thinking it was about book reading. It's actualy about Reading festival...Just wondering what the lineup is so far. At the moment I only know that Metalica are headlining one day.
Tue 14/01/03 at 11:38
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
ONLY 220days, 23hrs, 7mins and 30 secs to go. WOOOOHOOO ! ! !
Tue 14/01/03 at 11:38
Slipknot suk
Tue 14/01/03 at 11:35
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
who going all 3 days?

I've been the last 2 years and Slipknot were amazing. Chris Fehn was the only member to come off stage and he came up to me. I GRABBED HIS NOSE ! !

NFG were also excellent and I'm seeing Finch in March at London Astoria. When I saw them last year at Reading, Randy ( lead guitarist and singer) stood right infront of me as I was up against the bar cos we rushed in. I strummed his guitar which was cool. It's so easy to get to the front. Especially if you get there 3 hours early.
Tue 14/01/03 at 11:28
Metallica are not nu-metal, they are METAL old f'd up rock hardy metal. Only need Pantera to be there and it would rule soooooo bad
Tue 14/01/03 at 10:28
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Yeah, you right, it's great for nu mettlers, but im my opinion 'about time too!'

Reading is supposed to be the rock festival. it was, originally, and then it went all indie and people who listened to music with balls rather than whiney miserable ched lost out, but at least we still had the sunday. and mow that was drifting away too.

Loads of acts in the past 3 years have not deserved to be there. Eminem? Where's the metal there? sure, he pulled the crowd, and i did wanna see him, but not headlining reading, and not bringing out D12 (losers tagging onto eminems fame)
Mon 13/01/03 at 23:33
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
There's no superbands unless you're into the nu-metal scene. Metallica is the 'superband' so far, quite simply because it appeals to the current nu-metal generation and many older fans. Limp Bizkit may be huge at the moment, but I doubt they'll be headlining shows like Reading in a few years time, and just as many hate them as like them. Similarly, Deftones are huge in a particular scene, which despite being hugely popularised and hyped in the past year or two, is still just one particular scene. As are most of the bands you talk about.

If you like nu-metal it's a good lineup, if you don't it's not looking good. That's pretty much it.
Mon 13/01/03 at 10:31
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:

> But I see what you all mean - there isn't a superband. But then again,
> it's not like there're many superbands anyway. Radiohead are probably
> the only one.

You gotta be kidding! No superbands?

Metallica are easily a superband, Limp bizkit as much as people wanna hate them they have got massive since MI2, and Deftones changed the underground scene nearly as much as nirvana.

Added to Glassjaw, Audioslave, KoRn, System of a Down and loads of others, this could easily be the best reading yet!

Who else would you want?
Sun 12/01/03 at 21:24
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Meh. Capdown look like the best band on that list. And I've seen them once live, but I'd definitely go see em again. But I wouldn't pay £100 to go see them play. It was more like a fiver last time. But a Concrete Jungle stage could well mean a bunch of cool bands.
Sun 12/01/03 at 21:18
Regular
When do tickets go on sale?
Sun 12/01/03 at 21:12
Regular
"we escape....."
i wanna see metallica, s.o.a.d, placebo, deftones, blur and prolly see limp bizkit, audioslave, white stripes, vines and maybe sum others

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.