GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sky News insult game titles..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/09/05 at 23:50
Regular
[URL]http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,31500-13438395,00.html[/URL]

I want to exact revenge on this reporter. Ideas?
Thu 29/09/05 at 12:24
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> "The current trend for using colons isn't good news
> either."
>
> I think Cub!st would disagree.

Haha, that's quite good actually.
Thu 29/09/05 at 19:43
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Sky News must be running short of things to report on............
Thu 29/09/05 at 19:53
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Final Fantasy was named as such because it was intended to be the designers last fantasy game before he was forced to move on to more profitable genres. Then it got successful, so sequels were made, and they kept the name to let people know they were sequels (not direct sequels, but sequels as such). So that's that one answered.

What's the fixation with names that tell you about the game anyway? Why should they? Would he prefer Pro Evo to be called "Largely Unlicensed Football"? Metal Gear Solid as "Sneaky Down Corridors Man"?
Thu 29/09/05 at 21:19
Regular
"The definitive tag"
ssxpro wrote:
> What was wrong with stuff like Call of Duty? (Particularly compared to
> the other names he said were actually good). Also, do we have a
> problem with Metal Gear Solid? I always thought that sounded quite
> cool.

There's a fine line between cool and cheesy, but I happen to think Metal Gear Solid would fall on the "cool" side as well.

That bloke is a prat.
Thu 29/09/05 at 22:21
Regular
"8==="
"Sneaky Down Corridors Man"?

That'd be an excellent name for a spoof game.

*Deep movie voice"

"Ben Fishing-rod has access to the fifth freedom, the right to slap terrowists silly and the balls to fill a gumball machine. It's time for payback - but he's all out of change!"

*Cue cool action music and slo-mo explosions galore*
Fri 30/09/05 at 12:19
Regular
"You have a choice"
Haha....Sneaky down corridors man....that's brilliant!

Just read the report, this reporter is officially out of his mind! If he actually stopped and thinked about it, not many names of ANYTHING tell you something about them (books, TV channels etc) I mean, if he wants to rant about Final Fantasy being a crap name, why doesn't he have a go at ABC1, or SKY for that matter? Sky tells you less about the TV channel than Final Fantasy does about the game (The "Fantasy" part kinda gives away a bit of what the games like).

And what's his problem with MGS? That tells you everything you need to know! It is a game strongly featuring METAL GEAR, and the main characters name is SOLID snake. Plus, above the words Metal Gear Solid on the box, it says "Tactical Espionage Action", which gives you a short but accurate discription as to what the game entails!

So lets look at this from HIS point of view, can anyone think of a BETTER name for Final Fantasy?
Fri 30/09/05 at 15:39
Regular
"youngest regular"
Lukeman wrote:
> So lets look at this from HIS point of view, can anyone think of a
> BETTER name for Final Fantasy?
no i actually can't(from what he seems to want it to be).
Fri 30/09/05 at 17:35
Regular
I'm not a fan of sony and i'd love to agree but that man, that man is a retard.

"What sort of a name is Metal Gear Solid?"

Well it's about metal gear, and you play as Solid Snake....
Fri 30/09/05 at 23:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I'm coming round to his way of thinking. I'd drop resident Evil in a second for "Running From Zombies In a Big House". Gran Turismo would have sold loads more as "Stick To The Damn Racing Line," Soul Caliber would have been much better as "Fight! Fight! Fight!"

Still, I'll be too busy for those, what with Ongoing Fantasy 12 coming out soon.
Sat 01/10/05 at 15:02
Regular
"youngest regular"
hey,are u gonna e-mail him?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.