GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sky News insult game titles..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/09/05 at 23:50
Regular
[URL]http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,31500-13438395,00.html[/URL]

I want to exact revenge on this reporter. Ideas?
Wed 28/09/05 at 23:50
Regular
[URL]http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,31500-13438395,00.html[/URL]

I want to exact revenge on this reporter. Ideas?
Wed 28/09/05 at 23:58
Regular
"8==="
"The current trend for using colons isn't good news either."

I think Cub!st would disagree.
Thu 29/09/05 at 00:33
"High polygon count"
Mr. Turpin (I shall call him 'Dick' from now on as it's more appropriate... and you can turn 'Turpin' into 'Turnip', so Dick Turnip it is...) clearly hasn't thought his article through.

"At the moment I'm playing a Japanese football game called Winning Eleven. Ok, so translation can be blamed for that, but the European version of the game is Pro Evolution Soccer - which actually makes less sense. What on earth is that supposed to mean?"

Well, duh!

Think about it, Dick - it's a Professional Evolution of the Soccer game genre - i.e. more realistic than any other.
Thu 29/09/05 at 00:34
"High polygon count"
Hedfix wrote:
> "The current trend for using colons isn't good news
> either."
>
> I think Cub!st would disagree.

! <-- That's an exclamation mark, not a colon!
Thu 29/09/05 at 01:06
Regular
"8==="
Yeeees.... weeell....

I was talking about the biological colon because Cub!st likes to 'pot the brown' so-to-speak. ;)

Or does he get 'potted'? He never really answered that question.

Anyway.
Thu 29/09/05 at 03:20
Regular
Premier League Soccer: Underground sounds awesome.

And lame.

I tend to agree with him. Video game names are a bit wanky. Can I say that?
Thu 29/09/05 at 03:20
Regular
Oh look, I can.
Thu 29/09/05 at 06:57
Regular
What a complete and utter idiot.

Since when do you ever buy a game based on it's name? His article is so wrong, flawed and spasticated in so many ways, it's unbelievable.

The ame could be said about Movies - there are tonnes with names that don't give you any idea as to what the movie is about.

At least his email address is at the bottom, so feel free to spam him to death :D
Thu 29/09/05 at 08:07
Regular
What was wrong with stuff like Call of Duty? (Particularly compared to the other names he said were actually good). Also, do we have a problem with Metal Gear Solid? I always thought that sounded quite cool. As for Final Fantasy... he should really think that one through before posting that kind of trash.
Thu 29/09/05 at 08:35
Regular
"youngest regular"
he insulted final fantasy!
im gonna kill im,i tells ya!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.