GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We sign Bowyer then get drawn to Man Utd away...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/01/03 at 13:19
Regular
Typical West Ham luck. Still we'll win the cup the hard way.
Mon 06/01/03 at 13:19
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Typical West Ham luck. Still we'll win the cup the hard way.
Mon 06/01/03 at 13:30
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
"Signed?"

Last I heard they were having talks with Bowyer but nothing concrete as yet.
Mon 06/01/03 at 14:35
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Done and dusted according to several sport websites...
Mon 06/01/03 at 14:47
You haven't signed anyone.

A transfer fee has been agreed upon, but personal terms have yet to be established. It could all go pear shaped yet, he might do a Fowler/Spurs routine, and ask for money he doesn't deserve.
Mon 06/01/03 at 15:41
Regular
"Aka Hammond"
Lee Bowyer could be a West Ham player by the end of today.

The Leeds midfielder is meeting Glenn Roeder and Hammers managing director Paul Aldridge in a bid to finalise personal terms, after the clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.

Aldridge is keen to seal the transfer of the England midfielder before heading abroad on club business.

If personal terms are agreed with Bowyer, he will have a medical later this afternoon and then be unveiled by the Hammers on Tuesday.

A spokesman for West Ham said: "Lee Bowyer is on his way to meet Glenn Roeder and Paul Aldridge this afternoon. There is no time scale on this but we hope that if all goes well, he will become a West Ham player."

Roeder added: "We are trying to find a solution that will bring him to the club."

A statement on the Leeds website, www.lufc.co.uk, confirmed: "Leeds United and Lee have agreed a schedule for the repayment of his outstanding legal fees. Lee will be having contract talks with West Ham later today."

Bowyer, who would have been out of contract at Elland Road this summer, has turned down a new deal with Leeds.

Leeds agreed a fee with Liverpool for the England midfielder last summer but Gerard Houllier had second thoughts and the move collapsed.

Birmingham last week admitted they had made enquiries about the former Charlton player's availability, while Tottenham were also believed to have turned down the chance to sign Bowyer.

Legal bills arising from his much-publicised trials were believed to be a sticking point in any potential move. But Leeds confirmed they have agreed a plan for Bowyer to repay those bills if he returns to London.
Mon 06/01/03 at 17:33
Regular
I found it amusing that papers (well the one i was reading anyway) still use that picture of Bowyer with blood dripping out of mouth for every story about him :D
Mon 06/01/03 at 19:08
Regular
Do not see it myself, why sign for a team that could go down, When you can leave on a free in 6 months time.

I do not think West ham can afford his wage demands.
Mon 06/01/03 at 19:57
One player isnt enough to keep West Ham up. Especially not one of Bowyers ability. I mean he can be great when he is on his game but he isnt that reliable. He will probs have a fight with Di Canio in training
Mon 06/01/03 at 20:48
Regular
"Notable"
he'll be cup tyed anyway
Mon 06/01/03 at 21:13
Regular
"we escape....."
y did we buy bowyer!!!!! we need a defence

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.