GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Oh God..." Said Sniper. "Not again, please not again.""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/12/00 at 21:05
Regular
Grix lay in the grass.

Did they have ANY idea of how long an hour lasted, while you waited for the order to go over the top?

General Tony liked to refer to it as popping over, or popping till you... He couldn't remember anymore.

"ON MY MARK!" Commander Edgy shouted.

Men around Grix grabbed their guns tighter.

Then silence.

Grix looked up at Edgy, who was deep in concentration.

The PS2 rabble lay across the field, after taking over the small town of Multiplai. The order was to get it back, with whatever means necessary.

"MARRRRRKKK!" Edgy ran over the top, and men started screaming, and followed him over.

Bullets rained on the field, explosions took out five people in front of Grix...

Grix ran on, determined to fight for the just cause. He knew many of his friends were with him today, and he knew that many would be facing him one day. But he was a soldier of Nintendo, and by God's name, he was going to fight for them.

This wasn't about domination. This was about the right to play fun games.

Grix ran on. Sniper lay down in the grass in front. Grix dived to his side.

"We're going to make it! We're going to make it!!" Sniper reloaded his rifle, and took out another of the snipers, who were ruthlessly taking out more and more of Grixs friends.

Grix got back up again, and ran on.

He ducked under the barbed wire, that ran around the whole of the enemies trench. He rolled under, and dropped straight into the trench. Someone pulled out a gun in front of him... Grix got out his, and shot him in the chest. He spun around. Someone shot him in the arm...

Grix collapsed to the floor. The man walked over to Grix, and smiled through his teeth.

"Goodbye..." A shot was fired.

Edgy pulled himself over. Grix got up.

"Thanks Edgy."

The town of Multiplai lay in peace, once more, in the hands of Nintendo.

Sniper was helping to get rid of the bodies, Grix was nursing his arm.

Commander Edgy was interrogating one of the surviving PS2 fanatics. Grix wished he could be in there, watching the officers beat the crap out of the scum.

A man walked up to Grix.

"Long time no see. How's your arm?"

"Better." Said Grix. "I'm sorry, but your name escapes me."
Sat 30/12/00 at 17:07
Regular
"everyone says it"
GRIX can you please post up a run-down on who is on which team.
This can be of benefit when we want to carry it on!
Sat 30/12/00 at 15:18
With 3 of the major players out of the game: Ant - reduced to ashes thanks to Bill's artilery, Sniper - who had been the unfortunate victim of Tony's bug testing spray, seeing that he was a virus and all, and now FantasyMeisterallrightsreservedsymbol who managed to crash his PC in mid flight and not have the funds to reboot, the war game was nearly over.

It was down to Dan3 and the spirit of Tigerblade represening Sega, Grix Thraves and the snivelling new comer AndyHall fighting for yet another rendition of Mario Kart on the Game Cube - this time featuring grandpa Mario and Great Uncle Luigi speeding round the circuits faster then ever before with the aid of Nintendo approved zimmer frames (these need 50 espansion packs to work though) and the torcherous Bill Gates and his army of drones.
Sony had taken the only sensible option left and now have begun several fast food restaurants in the UK - it made sense as people were used to the long delays anyway.

'WE ARE MICROSOFT, RESISTANCE IS X SHAPED' Such a great song from Bill Gate's associate party (everyone was forced to buy the dreaded Virus infected song)

'This is enough, turn the computer off' Ordered Webmaster.

'Who are you?' the joint effort by Tony and Ali wasn't welcome by their boss
'I said turn the darn computer off! Terminate the website immediately, these discussions are getting out of hand - I can almost smell the burnt microchips'

Tony and Ali grinned at oneanother, grabbed the SR chief and inserted him into the Zip Drive 'That's gotta hurt'
'Sorry boss!' Laughed Ali.

Webmaster, now trapped in this new, and slightly terrifying virtual war game was instantly taken hostage by Mr Gates himself.

And nothing was ever heard of him again..But wait!
the legend that is doctor monkey (who?) swung his 16m tail in Bill's face, webmaster escaped and ran off to the Sega Training ground.
Doctor Monkey, who resembles the monkey from Aladin, put up a brave fight against the World's most hated android, but fell to a clumsy death after tripping over a Playstation 2 and getting caught in Ridge Racer 5's jagged edges.

Night fell so far that Day had to pick it out of a great big X in the ground...Sunlight threatened and Mr G looked somewhat troubled...
Was he a Vampire?
Sat 30/12/00 at 14:27
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Ant worked feverishly at the wiring, making connections to reroute the Comms Sat into a geostationary orbit above the equator.

"Nearly finished?" FantasyMeister was pacing up and down, watching for the enemy over the walls of the communications bunker.

"Give me time!" hissed Ant, applying his ioniser to the last few contacts on the circuit board.

Finally, the connections made, Ant turned and said: "Ready, give me a hand with repositioning this antenna will you?"

"Sure, but don't call me Ready."

Between the two of them they swung the satellite dish into position, made sure the signal was strong, and Ant went over to the command console. "This should show 'em!" He sneered and flicked the switch.

As they gazed into the stratosphere to see their handywork, Ant's face went pale. This was not what was expected!

"Where's the PS2 logo? The 3rd place ad. banner?" Ant had expected the world to be now viewing a 300 mile high graphic of the new console etched into the upper levels of the atmosphere by the communications satellite that he had just positioned, the ultimate in propoganda.

But what he was viewing just didn't make sense. It was a massive icon, bespectacled, gazing serenely down upon the earth. He looked down to the base of the icon.

"OhmiGOD!!!" screamed Ant, "It's BILL GATES! What went wrong, FantasyMeister?"

He turned, and became confused by the smiling face of FM, who was now pointing his 10mm Desert Eagle straight at Ant's thorax. "What are you doing? What IS this?"

Ant started to back away into the corner of the bunker as FM slowly reached up and grasped hold of his own chin and pulled upwards, hard. His masked now removed, Ant could now see who was standing in front of him.

"But, how did you get here? What happened to FantasyMeister? And why are you pointing that gun at me, Mr. Gates?"

There was a flash, a loud report, then the metal clinking of an empty 10mm cartridge clattering to the concrete floor. Bill Gates smiled. He would rule the world. They would bow down to his greatness. He would be.....a GOD!!!
Sat 30/12/00 at 14:13
'Wah?' mumbled Grix's inner voice. 'That was the wind' Sniper assured. 'Where did Darkness go, I'm sure he was with us at the table?'

'I think he flew out the door'

The Night was full of darkness, and a strange silence fell over longeviti.

In this newly created Paradise, the Sega team were busily creating Phantasay Star Online so that it's release would be on time.

'This'll turn them to the Online side of the force' An unknown voice came, followed by a stumbling AndyHall! who no one knew anything about.
'I remember you...You're the one who ate my cookies!'

With a saddened look about him, AndyHall fell down to his knees and cried aloud infront of the newly reformed Online Sega team 'I'm sorry man, but I was so hungry for a game that would last on and on, even when you completed--' 'You can't complete Phantasy star online. It's an Online world, that may well cost 1p a minute at weekends, but is worth every penny'

'I'll try to converrt them, but I just think both consoles are so great - I mean Zelda on their side? GoldenEye? WE NEED both consoles'

'It won't happen, some have tried it, but ultimately failed' (Tiger Blade had evolved from a grenade launcher back into his natural self) 'It's too expensive. Joining them now, would be like betting on an 20 year old surviving the American election. It's too risky'

Dan3 had to have his say 'He's right. You have to live in the present. Not the past or future, and our side has the best offerings: Online play, a Mouse, microphone and an attractive price (only in terms of reasonable price - not in terms of aesthetics)'

boom**
an unenthusiastic Microsoft slave dropped through the roof of longeviti. He looked asleep, but merely resembled the droopie dog from the cartoon series. 'Surrunder your weapons fools' We will dominate longeviti by stealing your ideas. 'Begin the infestation of bugs and viruses soldiers' 'The Dodgy PC experience is what awaits you'

He left in a flash of lightning and a puff of smoke revealed his organisation group: a lopsided 'X' remained.

=======================

'Haven't heard much of Bill's new army'

'Me niether Grix, it won't do much, the americans i mean, they'll arrive late as usual, after the war has ended, and then claim that they won it, but will ultimately prosper into a rich community'

Grix replied to this horrific statement from Sniper 'yeah but there'll be so much trouble shooting!!'

'Nice one!'

+------> 'CHARGE' A frantic, Golden Minotaur had emerged from the undergrowth, fresh from an upgrade 'What the f-'
Sniper, knocked over by the ferrocious beast looked dazed and bewildered. 'Grix, help me'

But Grix had gone. As had all the others, in fact the Golden Animal had brought the Nintendo's a message of warning and so they all evacuated.

A huge storm of Virtual Wasps, waving softly, enveloped the base and buried the body of Sniper.

Grix took one last look back and new what had happened.

Yes, Sniper had been captured and was now the high commander of Microsofts Virus Parade - his job to crash every console in the land and stamp a 'Microsoft seal of approval' on each of the different formats.

Sony in all of this didn't know what to do. The japanese didn't want the europeans or americans to get hold of PS2, but gave them a few. They had to retract the consoles and so all the sony group were taken back to the land of the rising Sushi.
__________-___

Sega had grown strong after all the others had forgotten about them, and their online revenue was enough to start to market 'their unique offering (which will not be allowed to fail)' properly.

Microsoft was strong, dominationg longeviti, Originaliti and Multiplai. Nintendo had scurried away, back to America where they hoped to pick up sales with the insanely popular Pokemon, or Jokemon (the new name awarded by the dominearing Bill Gates.

Ali found himself after weeks of being lost, and so pressed an invisible button:

'System Shut dow-------
Sat 30/12/00 at 13:21
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
*Please note* [Due to the wishes of Sniper, Darkness will no longer be part of this story, and his grave shall go unmarked and unremembered by all]

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Sat 30/12/00 at 13:17
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Darkness laid in a pile of blood and mangled body parts in a bush in a large forest. The lifeless radio lay beside him. Nothing could help Grix now.
Sat 30/12/00 at 13:14
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
That night, in his dorm the great Grix sat at a table, with sniper and Darkness. I am taking a 2 man hit team into the old Sega base to get evidence.
Bugs i'm with Grix, said sniper. O.K replied Grix.
You can leave now Darkness said the team.
*Darkness leaves*

Grix and Sniper spent the rest of the night planning their inquisition, and plan for if attacked by Sony.
Darkness had been listening through the keyhole.

That night, Darkness met with his friends to do some spying of their own. They planned to spy on a small tema of Sony people.

-------------- ------------------
The next morning the two teams set out. Grix and Sniper encountered no problems to start with. They assertained that it was not Sony that led the attack but an unknown 3rd party.

Meanwhile, Darkness learned where the 'small group was heading. To the Sega camp. And it was no longer a 'small' group. It was made of 200 ground infantry.
Darkness had to warn Grix. He turned on the radio.
Grix.............. was all he managed before the spray of lead bullets from the 'small' group reached his position.

At the same time, Grix was unaware of the huge threat to him and Sniper.
Sat 30/12/00 at 13:13
Regular
Yeah but they might kill you off.
Sat 30/12/00 at 13:07
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
I have to to bring me in, i'll write other stuff now I am, but only for the side of justice and good games
Sat 30/12/00 at 13:04
Regular
Yo shouldn't be contributing you write too much about you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.